ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa validity after ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spynapple
Newly Registered
India

Schengen visa validity after ILR

Post by spynapple » Fri May 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi,

I'm on a Tier 2 General visa and planning to apply for ILR this month via the 5 year route using the same day premium service.
My question is about the Schengen visa I hold at present, which is valid until 2020.
When I get my ILR, will that invalidate the Schengen visa as it was applied when I was on Tier 2 General?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

ouflak1

Re: Schengen visa validity after ILR

Post by ouflak1 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:23 pm

spynapple wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:19 pm
Hi,

I'm on a Tier 2 General visa and planning to apply for ILR this month via the 5 year route using the same day premium service.
My question is about the Schengen visa I hold at present, which is valid until 2020.
When I get my ILR, will that invalidate the Schengen visa as it was applied when I was on Tier 2 General?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
The UK is not part of the Schengen agreement and, as such, there is no afffect on your Schengen visa because of ILR (or vice versa). UK ILR only has meaning inside the UK.

spynapple
Newly Registered
India

Re: Schengen visa validity after ILR

Post by spynapple » Fri May 11, 2018 9:03 pm

That makes sense. Thank you!