ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant EU moving to Ireland with non EU spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cyn
Newly Registered
Italy

Pregnant EU moving to Ireland with non EU spouse

Post by Cyn » Sun May 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Hello house,
Please I'm in s state of confusion right now, am EU citizen married to a non EU from Nigeria.
We want to move to Cork or Galway in Ireland because it's easy for my spouse to get a job over there as IT support.
My spouse can speak both German and English.
But the problem right now, is am almost 7 months pregnant with Twins, that's means I can't work.
We don't have anyone in Ireland.
In Italy were we are living it hard for my spouse to get a job making it worst.
We stuggle to pay house rent.
My questions are
1. Can we take a bus from Napoli to Dublin?
2. Can Irish government help us before my spouse get a job?
Please help me

secret.simon

Re: Pregnant EU moving to Ireland with non EU spouse

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Cyn wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:09 pm
An online service, Rome2rio, suggests that you can indeed travel by bus from Naples to Dublin in a total travel time of just over 48 hours/4days.

But, given that you are pregnant with twins and in your seventh month, the obvious question is, what is the hurry of moving when you are in such a fragile state?

For the family to be legally resident in any EU member-state, the EEA citizen (I presume that is you) needs to exercise treaty rights in that country after the third month. I am not sure if your maternity period would count for the purpose of residency as it is generally expected that you will have worked in that member-state before going on maternity. I am also not sure about what are the rules in Ireland about having CSI (private health insurance) if you are a self-sufficient EEA citizen based on your husband's income.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Cyn
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Cyn » Mon May 07, 2018 11:20 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 pm
Cyn wrote:
An online service, Rome2rio, suggests that you can indeed travel by bus from Naples to Dublin in a total travel time of just over 48 hours/4days.

But, given that you are pregnant with twins and in your seventh month, the obvious question is, what is the hurry of moving when you are in such a fragile state?

For the family to be legally resident in any EU member-state, the EEA citizen (I presume that is you) needs to exercise treaty rights in that country after the third month. I am not sure if your maternity period would count for the purpose of residency as it is generally expected that you will have worked in that member-state before going on maternity. I am also not sure about what are the rules in Ireland about having CSI (private health insurance) if you are a self-sufficient EEA citizen based on your husband's income.
That's the problem now is
I can't give birth here in Italy cos my spouse is not working.
It's been hard for us to survive here.
I have EU health insurance card.
People do move to Germany without jobs and Germany do help them but we don't want to move to Germany.
We want a country my spouse can easily get a job and we choose Ireland, English is the official language.

Cyn
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Cyn » Mon May 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Cyn wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:20 am
secret.simon wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 pm
Cyn wrote:

That's the problem now is
I can't give birth here in Italy cos my spouse is not working.
It's been hard for us to survive here in Italy
I have EU health insurance card.
People do move to Germany without jobs and Germany do help them but we don't want to move to Germany.
We want a country my spouse can easily get a job and we choose Ireland, English is the official language.
Can the Irish social care help us?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights

Try to read application that explains criterias

I have to admit its going be hard to move to ireland because you wont be able to follow the rule your husband will not be allow to work straight away .

Your hubby rights derives from yours ((A) Employment (B) Self-employment (C) Study
,(D) Involuntary unemployment (E) Residing with sufficient resources
)
From your personal circumstances its quite hard to tick any of those boxes and your husband will not be work on day so you wont be able to use his income in the form. Involuntary unemployment : you can only use if you were on job-seeker benefit there and you get it transferred to ireland (not sure)

He will even have to apply for a visa to come here with you. (It is difficult really if you will depend on your husband job on day 1 )

You will need to find a house which is a bit hard and can be expensive depending on the city (you need deposit 1 month rent as well) .

This would have been a lot better when the pregnancy was not advanced wife could have found a job here if her english is fair enough (many italian/English jobs sometimes)

Moving itself is not that hard but you need to be prepared financially for it and your situation is not ideal (mostly wife pregnancy makes it challenging)

Good luck to you guys

take your time and read the rules they straight forward and i think it could be worse to come here and then spouse is denied family permit for obvious reasons.

I did not proofread :idea: :!:

Cyn
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Cyn » Tue May 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks for the information.
I have worked in England before moving back to Italy because of my marriage.
But getting a job for my spouse in Italy is hard because of the language.
I'm confused now, I don't want to stay in Italy as it will get worst.
Ireland is our option because of the language.
broli wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 pm
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights

Try to read application that explains criterias

I have to admit its going be hard to move to ireland because you wont be able to follow the rule your husband will not be allow to work straight away .

Your hubby rights derives from yours ((A) Employment (B) Self-employment (C) Study
,(D) Involuntary unemployment (E) Residing with sufficient resources
)
From your personal circumstances its quite hard to tick any of those boxes and your husband will not be work on day so you wont be able to use his income in the form. Involuntary unemployment : you can only use if you were on job-seeker benefit there and you get it transferred to ireland (not sure)

He will even have to apply for a visa to come here with you. (It is difficult really if you will depend on your husband job on day 1 )

You will need to find a house which is a bit hard and can be expensive depending on the city (you need deposit 1 month rent as well) .

This would have been a lot better when the pregnancy was not advanced wife could have found a job here if her english is fair enough (many italian/English jobs sometimes)

Moving itself is not that hard but you need to be prepared financially for it and your situation is not ideal (mostly wife pregnancy makes it challenging)

Good luck to you guys

take your time and read the rules they straight forward and i think it could be worse to come here and then spouse is denied family permit for obvious reasons.

I did not proofread :idea: :!:

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Are u Italian citizen living in Italy? Than ur husband has a local resident card, issues in Italy, based on the local immigration rules, not based on eu treaty rights, in this case he has to apply for a visa C, eu treaty rights, that should be easy to get cause he is living in an EU county already.
If your non Italian EU citizen, than our husband has a so called article 10 card, its a resident card based on the eu treaty rights, than u can just simply travel together here, without visa.

The tricky thing, he right away has to apply for the resident card here, on the EU1 form, IF!! your lucky, and ur case does not look suspicions, which maybe it wont, cause ur living together already and will have baby together, than in 1 month he will be given a temporary resident card, which take 2 weeks to manuacture, so in 6 weeks he can hold his card and with that he can start to work.

But the thing is, that normally the eu citizen has to work, and than the card will come fast, but if ur case look complicated than he wont be given the card, only if he is accepted in about 9-12 months, until than he can pick up a legal job.

So either u setup a self employment for urself, which i dunno how will u pull of with the pregnancy, or u have to prove that u have loads of money to live on, and u can say pretty please on ur application, that u want ur husband to work ASAP, but if he is gonna get that card in 6 weeks, which for ex my wife got it cause i the eu citizen was working in full time - that is gonna be the irish immigrations decision, so its a very risky move.
What will u do when ur husband wont be given the temporary resident card so he cant start a legal employment?

Cyn
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Cyn » Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 am

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, am Italian citizen 😘😘😘😘
We are just arriving at the UK boarder now and I was sramped an entry visa to UK with just our marriage certificate and our passports.
jul1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 pm
Are u Italian citizen living in Italy? Than ur husband has a local resident card, issues in Italy, based on the local immigration rules, not based on eu treaty rights, in this case he has to apply for a visa C, eu treaty rights, that should be easy to get cause he is living in an EU county already.
If your non Italian EU citizen, than our husband has a so called article 10 card, its a resident card based on the eu treaty rights, than u can just simply travel together here, without visa.

The tricky thing, he right away has to apply for the resident card here, on the EU1 form, IF!! your lucky, and ur case does not look suspicions, which maybe it wont, cause ur living together already and will have baby together, than in 1 month he will be given a temporary resident card, which take 2 weeks to manuacture, so in 6 weeks he can hold his card and with that he can start to work.

But the thing is, that normally the eu citizen has to work, and than the card will come fast, but if ur case look complicated than he wont be given the card, only if he is accepted in about 9-12 months, until than he can pick up a legal job.

So either u setup a self employment for urself, which i dunno how will u pull of with the pregnancy, or u have to prove that u have loads of money to live on, and u can say pretty please on ur application, that u want ur husband to work ASAP, but if he is gonna get that card in 6 weeks, which for ex my wife got it cause i the eu citizen was working in full time - that is gonna be the irish immigrations decision, so its a very risky move.
What will u do when ur husband wont be given the temporary resident card so he cant start a legal employment?