ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions about the application for naturalisation (AN)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cuongthanhtri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Some questions about the application for naturalisation (AN)

Post by cuongthanhtri » Sat May 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Dear all,

I am completing my paper application for citizenship on my own as I do not want to use the NCS. I have some questions and hope you can clarify them for me. Thank you very much in advance.

1. When completing question 6.7 (BRP enclosed), I choose “Yes” and then go to question 6.11 which asks about if we want the Home Office to retain our BRP. In this question there are two options “Yes” and “No”. As I make a paper application on my own, can I choose option “No”? Does this mean that if I choose this option, the Home Office will return my BRP to me shortly after they have received my application and I then will return it to them within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship?

2. About the referees, I intend to ask two of my colleagues who are currently senior lecturers at UK universities to act as referees for me. Both of them are British. Are they perfect for that role?

3. About the supporting documents in SECTION 5, it is stated that we can submit the Home Office letter by which we are given permission to remain permanently in the UK. Does this refer to the letter they send to us following the approval of our ILR applications?

4. About the supporting documents in SECTION 10, do we need to send all the 3 types of documents (e.g., payslips, P60’s and letters from employers) or just one of them is sufficient? I have all the P60’s but do not know if my payslips and letters from employers are also required. Also, does “the relevant period” refer to the 5 year period before I make my application (note that I get my ILR on the long residence (10 years) basis)?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Some questions about the application for naturalisation (AN)

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:42 pm

cuongthanhtri wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:12 pm
Dear all,

I am completing my paper application for citizenship on my own as I do not want to use the NCS. I have some questions and hope you can clarify them for me. Thank you very much in advance.

1. When completing question 6.7 (BRP enclosed), I choose “Yes” and then go to question 6.11 which asks about if we want the Home Office to retain our BRP. In this question there are two options “Yes” and “No”. As I make a paper application on my own, can I choose option “No”? Does this mean that if I choose this option, the Home Office will return my BRP to me shortly after they have received my application and I then will return it to them within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship? I guess so.

2. About the referees, I intend to ask two of my colleagues who are currently senior lecturers at UK universities to act as referees for me. Both of them are British. Are they perfect for that role? Should not be a problem if they meet all other requirements. Lecturer is on the list

3. About the supporting documents in SECTION 5, it is stated that we can submit the Home Office letter by which we are given permission to remain permanently in the UK. Does this refer to the letter they send to us following the approval of our ILR applications? Yes but your BRP can cover this

4. About the supporting documents in SECTION 10, do we need to send all the 3 types of documents (e.g., payslips, P60’s and letters from employers) or just one of them is sufficient? I have all the P60’s but do not know if my payslips and letters from employers are also required. Your p60's should be adequate. You can add letter from employer for peace of mind. If you are Non EEA, your pp covering last 5 yrs will be adequate

Also, does “the relevant period” refer to the 5 year period before I make my application (note that I get my ILR on the long residence (10 years) basis)? Only 5 ys required regardless

cuongthanhtri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Some questions about the application for naturalisation (AN)

Post by cuongthanhtri » Sat May 12, 2018 3:09 pm

Thank you very much Hstepper07.