ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advises please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christoff
Newly Registered

advises please

Post by christoff » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:55 am

My Brasilian bf would like to visit me (visitor) in the uk but we are afraid for him to be refused.
He is student at Sao Paulo University so of course he doesnt want to stay in the uk only few weeks 3 or 4. I am going to pay for his plane ticket so he will come in the uk as visitor.
Do I need to write a letter for the immigration to tell them he will stay with me (i have a very good job, proof of income and i own my flat) . He can get as well a letter from his university confirming his student statut. Two years ago he was given a 5 years visa by the American consulat in sao paulo may be that will help too when immigration officer will see it in the passport. I know that even if he doesnt need a visa to come as visitor in the uk we do not want to take the chance of him being turned away at the airport (it would really be heartbreaking) so i try to make sure he will be ok.
What else can we to provide to make sure he will not have any problems.
May be i am just paranoid...but i read so much stuff about bad experience at uk airports!
thank you for your help.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:01 am

Christoff,
With a brazilian passport he should be able to visit for a few weeks and then return to Brazil.
The important thing is that he should have a logical explanation for the trip and no conflicting documents.
Good documents to have:
- Letter from you inviting him to stay, mentioning your flat as the place to stay
- letter from university confirming he is a student and would continue there
- some money in the brazilian bank, cash/cards
- return ticket
Bad documents to have
- printed emails with job interview information
- UK university brochures/invoices
- in general, any document that would give the impression that he wants to settle in the UK or start any activity different from tourism (not studying, not working....even english study or even non paid work)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

jagacharaja

Re: advises please

Post by jagacharaja » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:22 am

i don't know.... i wouldn't be comfortable presenting myself at the port of entry w/the reason that i'm visiting my gf.... i just think that's suicidal. as you say brazil is on the visa waiver program so unless your bf acts really tensed or in a mannter that arises suspicion, i don't see why you should be sweating on it. i mean, a person can come to a country as a tourist, right? :-) no need to complicate things by mentioning bf/gf.... that's just my view. a return ticket, confident presentation of facts to the immigration officer, proof of funds to support himself, a letter from his university, an email confirmation from a hotel regarding his stay (he can cancel it once he is IN uk - i.e. after clearing immigration)... should be more than enuf in my opinion.

not suggesting you guys to be dishonest, it's just that no matter how decent your intentions are, the whole bf/gf thing is bound to raise an alarm to the immigration officer at the port of entry. i'm sure you'll do your research and do what you guys are comfortable with. good luck.
christoff wrote:My Brasilian bf would like to visit me (visitor) in the uk but we are afraid for him to be refused.
He is student at Sao Paulo University so of course he doesnt want to stay in the uk only few weeks 3 or 4. I am going to pay for his plane ticket so he will come in the uk as visitor.
Do I need to write a letter for the immigration to tell them he will stay with me (i have a very good job, proof of income and i own my flat) . He can get as well a letter from his university confirming his student statut. Two years ago he was given a 5 years visa by the American consulat in sao paulo may be that will help too when immigration officer will see it in the passport. I know that even if he doesnt need a visa to come as visitor in the uk we do not want to take the chance of him being turned away at the airport (it would really be heartbreaking) so i try to make sure he will be ok.
What else can we to provide to make sure he will not have any problems.
May be i am just paranoid...but i read so much stuff about bad experience at uk airports!
thank you for your help.

christoff
Newly Registered

Post by christoff » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Thank you for your answers.
He will have money to show, return plane ticket, letter from his university, and a letter from me saying he will be staying in my flat.
thank you

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: advises please

Post by tasha75 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:51 pm

christoff wrote:My Brasilian bf would like to visit me (visitor) in the uk but we are afraid for him to be refused.
Just curious how many Brasilian bf you have?

May 2007:
christoff wrote:My brasilian partner just got his permanent residency application approved by HO (EEA4) we provided them with an original of our French Pacs signed in the French Consulat in London in 2001. My partner had as well a bad immigration history, overstayed 7 years.
November 2007
christoff wrote:A Brasilian friend would like to visit me in the uk. He lives in Lisbon and has overstay his visa for 3 month in portugal.
January 2007
christoff wrote:this happen to one of my friend.
He is eea national with permanent residency in the UK. He has registered a French Civil Partnership at the French Consulat in Lisbon with his non eea boyfriend (Brasilian) one month ago. His boyfriend has overstayed his visitor visa in Portugal for few months now.
And your "friend" is also French who has been livng in the UK for the past 12 years just like you. What a coincidence.

And now another bf from Brasil. :shock:
Do not live your life in fear.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:01 am

^^^ Doing the samba (x4) :lol:

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:06 pm

She's shaking her booty, and doing the horizontal fox-trot!!!

How many guys?!!! lmao!

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:36 pm

johnboy096 wrote:She's shaking her booty, and doing the horizontal fox-trot!!!
I think it's "him" not "her" since the poster refers to Civil partnership.
Do not live your life in fear.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:26 pm

tasha75 wrote:
johnboy096 wrote:She's shaking her booty, and doing the horizontal fox-trot!!!
I think it's "him" not "her" since the poster refers to Civil partnership.
Sorry lol - Either way somethings up!!!