ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM extension....Proof of living together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shakula123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLRM extension....Proof of living together

Post by shakula123 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi

I was hoping someone could help with some clarification.

In our application form, we've stated that we've permanently lived together since he came to the UK circa Dec 2015 (this was not when his leave was granted but when he moved to the UK).

We have enough documentation from May 2016 till now and a letter from our friends to confirm the dates we temporarily lived with them briefly. We however have nothing between Dec 2015 - April 2016.

Would the above be sufficient which only covers 2 years or do we need correspondence for 2.5 years. We completed an online application form.

We have an appointment for a premium application in May 2018.

Many thanks for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLRM extension....Proof of living together

Post by seagul » Wed May 02, 2018 8:10 pm

The requirement for cohabitation is 2 years from the date of application instead 2.5 years. Read through the FLRM application form which tells the number and types of evidences need to fulfill the cohabitation requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shakula123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shakula123 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:50 am

Thank you Seagul, we are already married and this is our second application after the first grant of leave.

I understood the form to mean 2 years too but just want to be certain.

shakula123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shakula123 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 am

Hi,

I know Seagul has already answered but want to be sure that the 2 years also applies to already married couples - I'm confused by the word 'cohabitation' as I thought that applies to couples who were on fiancee visa and applied for their first FLR(M). It is our second FLR(M) application and we haven't been living together since our last grant of leave, just shortly after.

Just want to be sure we only need to show two years correspondence of living together.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am

You have to provide 2 years evidence of cohabitation for FLR(M), even if you are married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shakula123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shakula123 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:27 am

Thank you CR001, it's this line that confused me 'Applicants will need to provide 'six items of correspondence addressed to them and their partner at the same address as evidence that they have been living together (i)since their last grant of leave in this category, or

(ii) from the date they first started living together up to a maximum of two years'

I wasn't sure whether it was (i) or (ii) that applied to us but it seems with either, it's still 2 years maximum proof one needs and not 2.5 years.

I've also seen 2.5 years in some posts so just wanted to be sure.

Thank you again

shakula123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shakula123 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi

Just want to say thank you for your advice. Our visa was approved today (premium appointment) and it seems 2 year’s proof of cohabitation is sufficient.

Thanks again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Nice - enjoy it. It does say 2 years of living together spread evenly.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease