ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Child registration as British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apsk
Member of Standing
India

UK Born Child registration as British

Post by apsk » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 am

Hi Experts,

Myself and my wife got ILR approved yesterday 10th May 2018 and now would like to register our UK born daughter (Indian) as British citizen and then apply for her passport.
I found link to online apply and fill MN1 for and on finishing it is asking to pay £1012 , please advise if I am doing it right and this is the fees for the same?

Also for referees, I selected one of my neighbors to sign as referee who is a british citizen and second one is Minister of Religion but he is not british citizen, though he hold ILR. Would that be ok? Or shall I find someone for her Nursery or GP to be on safer side? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Born Child registration as British

Post by CR001 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 am

I found link to online apply and fill MN1 for and on finishing it is asking to pay £1012 , please advise if I am doing it right and this is the fees for the same?
Yes, fee is correct. Remember that passport is an extra fee.
Also for referees, I selected one of my neighbors to sign as referee who is a british citizen and second one is Minister of Religion but he is not british citizen, though he hold ILR. Would that be ok? Or shall I find someone for her Nursery or GP to be on safer side? Please advise.
Should be fine as long as they are both over 25.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Fri May 11, 2018 5:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 am
Yes, fee is correct. Remember that passport is an extra fee.
Should be fine as long as they are both over 25.
Thank you! :)

Also, on Referee forms it asks for photo of applicant (my daughter), does that photo need to be signed by referees on each form? or just signatures at bottom of the form would be enough?
Do I need to wait for our BRP cards or I can apply with ILR approval letters ?

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Sat May 12, 2018 10:16 am

Got our BRPs today. So, I can include BRP's in the application.

Another question, While posting the completed application, do I need to include any self addressed pre-paid envelope for UKVI to return my documents? (BRPs and Child birth certificate)

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm

apsk wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:16 am

Another question, While posting the completed application, do I need to include any self addressed pre-paid envelope for UKVI to return my documents? (BRPs and Child birth certificate)
Yes for additional safety of the return of your documents but it is not compulsory

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Sat May 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm
apsk wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:16 am

Yes for additional safety of the return of your documents but it is not compulsory
Thanks you! :)

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Submitted my application and paid, but not sure what evidence to produce to support on Pg 7 of the form ?
Proof of Mr AAAA's & Mrs BBBB's parental responsibility for Miss CCCC.

I think my daughter's UK birth certificate covers this as it shows my name and my wife's name as well. Please help!

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Birth certificate and one of the parents pp is adequate proof of parental responsibility

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:24 pm
Birth certificate and one of the parents pp is adequate proof of parental responsibility
Ok. Will include my passport and ILR BRP along with my daughter's birth certificate passport and Tier 2 dependent BRP. Hope this should be enough?

Also, please advise when shall I expect return of all these documents? I reckon it can take upto 6 months for UKVI to make decision but I cannot leave our all original documents with them for 6 months.

SameerSheikh
United Kingdom

Post by SameerSheikh » Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 pm

apsk wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm
Also, please advise when shall I expect return of all these documents? I reckon it can take upto 6 months for UKVI to make decision but I cannot leave our all original documents with them for 6 months.
Are you not using NCS service? This will help you by having your original documents returned back on appointment date and hence the hassle to wait for your documents is no more. I would say go for NCS service or NDRS as they would scan and return your documents straight away.

SameerSheikh
United Kingdom

Post by SameerSheikh » Sat May 12, 2018 9:09 pm

apsk wrote:
Not sure if you are aware of this service but it would cost you roughly £70 for child application so worth using this.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm

SameerSheikh wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:09 pm
apsk wrote:
Not sure if you are aware of this service but it would cost you roughly £70 for child application so worth using this.
No, I wasnt aware of this. Thanks.

Checklist asks for
If Miss CCCC told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.

Does this mean I can avoid sending BRPs and can send only approval letters and BRP letters from Home Office? Please help!

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes. That will do

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 pm
Yes. That will do
Thanks for the prompt response. Much appreciated.

I just noticed there is some paper form MN1 Version Jan. 2018, I reckon if I am applying online I need not to fill that form and need to send only the forms available to download and print in my online application?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 pm

If you are applying online, you do not need to complete the paper version. All you need to do is send the supporting documents to HO after completing and sending the application form online.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Sun May 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Ok. Thank you :)

SameerSheikh
United Kingdom

Post by SameerSheikh » Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 pm
If you are applying online, you do not need to complete the paper version. All you need to do is send the supporting documents to HO after completing and sending the application form online.
Adding a little more to it. You have two options to go for :
Option 1) If you are sending the documents yourself to HO directly, then you are sending your original supporting documents (Which I believe you don't want to send and wait).

Option 2) If you are using NDRS service(online) and not NCS(paper form), then you have to book an appointment with your local council or nearby one's and within 10 days of submitting the application online, your appointment date should be with council. They will only require your supporting documents, which they will scan and hand over to you. They will then send them directly to HO on your behalf. (Recommended)

However the NCS option is only for paper forms to be submitted alongside supporting documents. However the supporting documents will be photocopied and hand back over.

The choice is yours apsk :)

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon May 14, 2018 12:46 pm

SameerSheikh wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am
Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Adding a little more to it. You have two options to go for :
Option 1) If you are sending the documents yourself to HO directly, then you are sending your original supporting documents (Which I believe you don't want to send and wait).

Option 2) If you are using NDRS service(online) and not NCS(paper form), then you have to book an appointment with your local council or nearby one's and within 10 days of submitting the application online, your appointment date should be with council. They will only require your supporting documents, which they will scan and hand over to you. They will then send them directly to HO on your behalf. (Recommended)

However the NCS option is only for paper forms to be submitted alongside supporting documents. However the supporting documents will be photocopied and hand back over.

The choice is yours apsk :)
Thank you Sameer :)

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon May 14, 2018 1:19 pm

What is JCAP? I just realised I could have done my daughter's passport application along with her MN1 registration. As I have already submitted her MN1 application and biometric done over the weekend, is there any way of initiating her passport application too in parallel to her MN1 ..simply to save time? Please advise.

Apologies, I wasn't aware of this JCAP at all till I started searching about NDRS/NCS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 pm

apsk wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:19 pm
What is JCAP? I just realised I could have done my daughter's passport application along with her MN1 registration. As I have already submitted her MN1 application and biometric done over the weekend, is there any way of initiating her passport application too in parallel to her MN1 ..simply to save time? Please advise.

Apologies, I wasn't aware of this JCAP at all till I started searching about NDRS/NCS
No you cannot change the way you have applied now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 pm
apsk wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:19 pm

No you cannot change the way you have applied now.
Thank you! I thought so..

So, once I get her registration done via MN1, what are the options available to me for her passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:01 pm

For children there is a one week fast track service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon May 14, 2018 2:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:01 pm
For children there is a one week fast track service.
Cool. Is there any link for that please? Does it charge anything extra?

Guess normal passport for child costs £46. Please correct me if I am wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)