ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Changing Jobs

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi, I am currently on tier 2 general visa sponsored by NHS, my visa validity is till end of 2019.I had come here on my fixed term contract with an hospital. The hospital now says they cannot extend the contract as they are having shortage of funds. I am now looking for jobs in other hospitals. If i get a jobs do i need to get a new visa or i can continue with the same same cos with change in hospital as the employer is still NHS. How long can i stay in the country after my contract has ended.
Thanks and Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Jobs

Post by CR001 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:02 am

If i get a jobs do i need to get a new visa

Yes.
or i can continue with the same same cos with change in hospital as the employer is still NHS.
No. The 'NHS' as a whole is not your employer, the NHS Trust you work for or would work for is your employer.
How long can i stay in the country after my contract has ended.

You cannot stay in the UK after you visa has expired. You don't state when your contract ends, presumably this is close to or the same as your visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack79
Newly Registered
India

Re: Changing Jobs

Post by Jack79 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 am

Hi,
My previous NHS trust couldn’t manage a CoS due to prevailing rules and regulations of Home Office, if I get selected for another job at another Trust in NHS, before we apply for CoS through the second Trust, what is that I need to ensure