ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onesummerday
Newly Registered
Ireland

Urgent

Post by onesummerday » Sat May 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Good afternoon,

Apologies if this has already been asked before, please direct me to the correct section if possible.

I am currently completing the online application for naturalisation and am puzzled regarding:

"Previous applications
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? (Required)
This includes applications for asylum in the UK."

I have held ILR since 2006, my non-EU parents applied for ILR within the UK on my behalf as a child :D in the years prior to that. I do not possess a BRP card but have instead, the old vignette sticker in an expired passport.

Since the first application was made by my parents, would I need to click yes and provide details or as it was not personally I who did submit an application, to declare no?

Thank you greatly for your guidance in advance!

Kind Regards
Selina

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Urgent

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:04 pm

You can just say ILR applic made by your parents on your behalf and add as much details as you can about the date of the application

SameerSheikh
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent

Post by SameerSheikh » Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 am

Any application made for UK under your name even if your parents applied, you are meant to provide as much details possible.