ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O Application Form Filling queries (TIER 1 entrepreneur)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thrishithaa
Newly Registered
India

Job creation ILR query

Post by Thrishithaa » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Dear Gurus!
Zimba88, Marcnath, cr001 and other Gurus,
I am a silient reader in this group and now in need of your valuable suggestions.
Visa category: Entrepreneur
Approved: 20 May 2013
Extention Applied: May 16
Extention Approved: July 17

Now I am planning to apply for my ILR and would need your suggestions regarding job creation.
Employee 1 (Full-Time) : Aug 15 - Till date
Employee 2 (Full-Time) : Sep 17 - Till date
Employee 3 (Full-Time) : Feb 18 - Till date
I am under transitional agreement. Is it alright to combine Employee 2 and Employee 3 to complete one job creation and claim points.
When is it Ideal for me apply ILR.
Based on the new rule Jan 18, will I be able to use payslips prior to my approved extention (July 17)

Thanks! :)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Job creation ILR query

Post by marcnath » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Thrishithaa wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:50 pm
Dear Gurus!
Zimba88, Marcnath, cr001 and other Gurus,
I am a silient reader in this group and now in need of your valuable suggestions.
Visa category: Entrepreneur
Approved: 20 May 2013
Extention Applied: May 16
Extention Approved: July 17

Now I am planning to apply for my ILR and would need your suggestions regarding job creation.
Employee 1 (Full-Time) : Aug 15 - Till date
Employee 2 (Full-Time) : Sep 17 - Till date
Employee 3 (Full-Time) : Feb 18 - Till date
I am under transitional agreement. Is it alright to combine Employee 2 and Employee 3 to complete one job creation and claim points.
When is it Ideal for me apply ILR.
Based on the new rule Jan 18, will I be able to use payslips prior to my approved extention (July 17)

Thanks! :)
You can apply for your ILR 28 days before 19th May 2018, so around 22nd April 2018.
Given that it is less than 12 months from your extension, you can use the job creation between April 2017 and April 2018 (12 months before application date).

Since Employee 2 and Employee 3 are both full time, you can't combine them to make it one job. Combining only works for part-time jobs.

However, you can list them as three separate jobs and still meet the job requirement as you are pre-April 2014
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Thrishithaa
Newly Registered
India

Re: Job creation ILR query

Post by Thrishithaa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply @ marcnath

Thrishithaa
Newly Registered
India

SET O Application Form Filling queries (TIER 1 entrepreneur)

Post by Thrishithaa » Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 am

Dear Gurus,
I would like to get few suggestions on filling my application form as I am applying for my ILR by end of this month and I was struck with few questions. (I hold Tier 1 entrepreneur VISA)
1) Section 5: 5.3 - "Are you working in UK?" - I am The Director of the Company, I am not making any profit (running in loss) so I am not on payroll. Also I am not taking any dividends. So should I mark it as "YES" or "NO".
2) Section 6: 6.1 - "First Entry to UK" - My first entry was as student in 2009 (Sep) and left in 2011 (Jan) for 7 months I was still holding my visa (PSW) and came back in 2011 (Aug). I entered into Tier 1 entrepreneur in May 2013. So which date should I mention in the form?
3) Section 7: 7.13 - "Period of living" - Should I mention the period from the day I enter in UK (2009 as student) or From the date I came back (2011 Aug) or the period since I entered Tier 1 entrepreneur route.

Kind Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET O Application Form Filling queries (TIER 1 entrepreneur)

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:51 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon May 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Thrishithaa wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 am
Dear Gurus,
I would like to get few suggestions on filling my application form as I am applying for my ILR by end of this month and I was struck with few questions. (I hold Tier 1 entrepreneur VISA)
1) Section 5: 5.3 - "Are you working in UK?" - I am The Director of the Company, I am not making any profit (running in loss) so I am not on payroll. Also I am not taking any dividends. So should I mark it as "YES" or "NO".
2) Section 6: 6.1 - "First Entry to UK" - My first entry was as student in 2009 (Sep) and left in 2011 (Jan) for 7 months I was still holding my visa (PSW) and came back in 2011 (Aug). I entered into Tier 1 entrepreneur in May 2013. So which date should I mention in the form?
3) Section 7: 7.13 - "Period of living" - Should I mention the period from the day I enter in UK (2009 as student) or From the date I came back (2011 Aug) or the period since I entered Tier 1 entrepreneur route.

Kind Regards,
1) You are on a work visa category and you are working, so I would answer yes. This has very little impact anyway.
2) 6.1 clearly states "beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based." So, T1E entry date
3) I would go with 2009 on
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Thrishithaa
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thrishithaa » Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 pm

HI marcnath ,Thanks for your immediate response. That really helps.