ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship- Late filling penalty self assessment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mark420
Afghanistan

British Citizenship- Late filling penalty self assessment

Post by Mark420 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:07 am

Hi, Guys

I applied for British citizenship in April 2018 everything is fine with my application but I have two questions:

1- I have got late filling penalty for self assessment of £1200 and £ 1000 for corporations tax- I appealed both but not yet paid it.

2- I had too many PCN in the last two year from 2016 till the end of 2018 and all went to bailiffs and I paid around £5000 just to clear it.

No pending pcn.

But the HMRC penalties are pending to pay but I have appealed it and it’s in process.

Will it effect my good character. Or my application be refused or if got refused will they put me in ten years banning list. Because I didn’t declare these in my application.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks guys

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: British Citizenship- Late filling penalty self assessment

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:11 am

I think you have too many issues going on that are likely to affect your good character. I not think you will get a 10 yr ban if you declare and they refuse your application unless you were in breach of immigration requirements.

Mark420
Afghanistan

Post by Mark420 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi, Bro

Thank you for your response. But the British Nationality rules says that if it wasn’t paid and there were action taken against you and ended up in the court.

I have never been to court for anything like that. And my HMRC PENALTY IS IN THE PROCESS OF RECONSIDERATION.

The PCN all cleared.

Waiting for response

englishrose198
India

Post by englishrose198 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:22 pm

I would say not to worry about PCNs as they were all paid and cleared off.(I had also went till bailiffs but due to missing letters ). It is better your declare everything in your application or if not done write a covering letter and send all details which you have missed.

Also regd late payment, I don't think its an issue as it did not go to court .

Main thing here is to be transparent and declare every piece of info .As long as you have not been taken to court because of not paying these, I would not see any problem which am telling from my own experience.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm

englishrose198 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:22 pm
I would say not to worry about PCNs as they were all paid and cleared off.(I had also went till bailiffs but due to missing letters ). It is better your declare everything in your application or if not done write a covering letter and send all details which you have missed.

Main thing here is to be transparent and declare every piece of info .As long as you have not been taken to court because of not paying these, I would not see any problem which am telling from my own experience.
No. If you have too many PCN within a short period of time, that will be the problem as you showed an repetitive anti-social behaviors, not saying they are serious offenses but can be justified as not good character.

Btw, the OP also have two appeals on late filling of self-tax assessments, the HO very likely would not decide until the result of appeal. And even you do not declare, they will know as they have your consent to get info from HMRC.

Not judging but if your appeal fails, you seem always delaying your payment obligated in various areas and your application may be refused on the ground of not good character....
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Mark420 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:22 pm
Hi, Bro

Thank you for your response. But the British Nationality rules says that if it wasn’t paid and there were action taken against you and ended up in the court.

I have never been to court for anything like that. And my HMRC PENALTY IS IN THE PROCESS OF RECONSIDERATION.

The PCN all cleared.

Waiting for response

See 3.2 and 3.8 as below -

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

The HO would not decide your case until your appeal has result for sure. Only say good luck, if you fail the appeal, you may consider as not good character. If you didn't declare what you said in your application, it is even worse.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

englishrose198
India

Post by englishrose198 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:52 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm
englishrose198 wrote:

No. If you have too many PCN within a short period of time, that will be the problem as you showed an repetitive anti-social behaviors, not saying they are serious offenses but can be justified as not good character.

Btw, the OP also have two appeals on late filling of self-tax assessments, the HO very likely would not decide until the result of appeal. And even you do not declare, they will know as they have your consent to get info from HMRC.

Not judging but if your appeal fails, you seem always delaying your payment obligated in various areas and your application may be refused on the ground of not good character....
Thanks for correcting me. However, I have had several PCNs and that I failed to pay(due to missing my letters) and also late payment of company taxes in the last one years prior to my application. also I had at least 2 PCNS and FPN(not sure if its that or PCN) from the last few years . Myapplication was succeeded and i know it depends on case to case basis.

Further I had to call home office support to send some additional info on my PCNS after my application, the lady suggested not to worry as these won't count for the application as long as they did not lead the candidate to court due to payment failures.

Anyways I went ahead and submitted the additional info on my PCNs for my peace of mind.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:17 pm

englishrose198 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:52 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm
englishrose198 wrote:

Thanks for correcting me. However, I have had several PCNs and that I failed to pay(due to missing my letters) and also late payment of company taxes in the last one years prior to my application. also I had at least 2 PCNS and FPN(not sure if its that or PCN) from the last few years . Myapplication was succeeded and i know it depends on case to case basis.

Further I had to call home office support to send some additional info on my PCNS after my application, the lady suggested not to worry as these won't count for the application as long as they did not lead the candidate to court due to payment failures.

Anyways I went ahead and submitted the additional info on my PCNs for my peace of mind.
I think at least you declare in the beginning, and also explain with letter, that may be better. If you didn't declare at the beginning, it would be worse the case.

Like what you said, this is case by case basis. But chance is still there.

Mark420
Afghanistan

Post by Mark420 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:16 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm
Mark420 wrote:
Hi, Bro

The PCN all cleared.

Waiting for response

The HO would not decide your case until your appeal has result for sure. Only say good luck, if you fail the appeal, you may consider as not good character. If you didn't declare what you said in your application, it is even worse.

Thank you for your response,

As you mentioned that the HomeOffice will not decide until the appeal result. But my appeal is with HMRC not the court. It’s with HMRC for reconsideration if they reject my reason and inform me to pay the penalty I will pay the full amount.

Should I send the homeoffice about these HMRC penalties now or just leave as it is.

Waiting for your response

Hassan7861
United Kingdom

Post by Hassan7861 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Mark420 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:16 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm
Mark420 wrote:
Hi, Bro

The PCN all cleared.

Waiting for response

Thank you for your response,

As you mentioned that the HomeOffice will not decide until the appeal result. But my appeal is with HMRC not the court. It’s with HMRC for reconsideration if they reject my reason and inform me to pay the penalty I will pay the full amount.

Should I send the homeoffice about these HMRC penalties now or just leave as it is.

Waiting for your response
If u agree to a payment plan with hmrc u will be allright. All they wana know is that any debt u have u are willing to pay it or doing something about it

Mark420
Afghanistan

Post by Mark420 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi Guys

Today I decided to withdraw my British citizenship application.

I didn’t get any positive response here and this one week was very stressful so I decided it’s better to be relax without having British citizenship rather than mentally torture with this good character requirement which is not clear at all.

When you work and start businesses creating jobs for people and with one Or two HMRC late filling penalty you are not a good character person.

And those who are claiming public funds and they don’t pay Taxes NI and their applications are successful.

So I withdraw my British citizenship application today. And let’s see what the home office say.

Application submitted online: 28 April 2018
Fee deduction card payment: 30 April 2018
Biometric enrolled: 30 April 2018
JCAP documents received by HO: 04 May 2018.

Withdraw applications today: 13 May 2018

Thanks for you help guys

Hassan7861
United Kingdom

Post by Hassan7861 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Mark420 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 pm
Hi Guys

Today I decided to withdraw my British citizenship application.

I didn’t get any positive response here and this one week was very stressful so I decided it’s better to be relax without having British citizenship rather than mentally torture with this good character requirement which is not clear at all.

When you work and start businesses creating jobs for people and with one Or two HMRC late filling penalty you are not a good character person.

And those who are claiming public funds and they don’t pay Taxes NI and their applications are successful.

So I withdraw my British citizenship application today. And let’s see what the home office say.

Application submitted online: 28 April 2018
Fee deduction card payment: 30 April 2018
Biometric enrolled: 30 April 2018
JCAP documents received by HO: 04 May 2018.

Withdraw applications today: 13 May 2018

Thanks for you help guys
U shouldnt have done it until u knewn in ur heart that u have done some thing wrong and if u get caught u then it might risk ur ILR

Mark420
Afghanistan

Post by Mark420 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi Bro

I didn’t understand you properly. What do you mean by it might risk my ILR you mean I withdraw my British Citizenship and if I wouldn’t withdraw it it would risk my ILR.

It’s not easy even for the HomeOffice to revoke someone’s ILR. Unless the holder of the ILR is the highest threat to the homeland or the public safety.

Deception of the government ministry or authority doesn’t put someone’s ILR at risk. Like when you declare yourself bankrupts and it doesn’t effect your ILR.

Thanks

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Mon May 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Do they refund the application fees? If not - why did you pull out?