ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation/Citizenship/Passport application/JCAP/NCS/NDRS?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Naturalisation/Citizenship/Passport application/JCAP/NCS/NDRS?

Post by apsk » Mon May 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Experts

Me and my wife got ILR on 10th May 2018. Could you please advise when I will be eligible to apply for AN/Naturalisation/Citizenship/Passport application/JCAP/NCS/NDRS?

Just to give you idea of my timeline.. I entered on Student visa in Sept 2010, PSW in 2012, Tier 2 in 2013 and now ILR in May 2018.

What are the options available to me and my wife?

The reason I am raising this query, because with limited information I applied for my daughter's MN1 registration without being aware of JCAP option to save time on her passport and no way to rectify that now. So, trying to be aware of all the options available to me while doing citizenship and passport application for us both.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation/Citizenship/Passport application/JCAP/NCS/NDRS?

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:30 pm

You will only qualify next year and the system for applications might well have changed as it did earlier this year. Best would be to check closer to the time that you qualify.

Online/NDRS is the current preferred joint scheme as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:30 pm
You will only qualify next year and the system for applications might well have changed as it did earlier this year. Best would be to check closer to the time that you qualify.

Online/NDRS is the current preferred joint scheme as far as I am aware.
Ok. Makes sense. When I will be eligible to apply with my ILR granted on 10th May 2018?

Twine
United Kingdom

Post by Twine » Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 am

apsk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am
Ok. Makes sense. When I will be eligible to apply with my ILR granted on 10th May 2018?
As your spouse is not British, you need to have held ILR for at least 12 months before applying for naturalisation. So the earliest you will be able to apply is 10th May 2019.