ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questionnaire Form from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Help my dearest friends, I received questionnaire form from HO saying I stay in the country in 2008 and 2009 illegally which was completely wrong. I got my 5years visitor visa and never overstay at all till I get my residence in this country. I was back HO on this dates HO was talking about and I explained to them on the questionnaire and even included my old passport that got my visitor visas and stamps and pointed out the arrival stamps back home.

I received the forms on the 23rd and sent it back on the 24th, HO received it on the 25th April 2018 and since then, I haven't heard anything back from them either positive or negative.

I read on this place that they normally get back within a week so am a bit confused and am thinking maybe I should email them. Please advise my people.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Johnnyboy007 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm
My dearest friends, I received questionnaire form from HO saying I stay in the country in 2008 and 2009 illegally which was completely wrong. I got my 5years visitor visa and never overstay at all till I get my residence in this country. I was back HO on this dates HO was talking about and I explained to them on the questionnaire and even included my old passport that got my visitor visas and stamps and pointed out the arrival stamps back home.

I received the forms on the 23rd and sent it back on the 24th, HO received it on the 25th April 2018 and since then, I haven't heard anything back from them either positive or negative.

I read on this place that they normally get back within a week so am a bit confused and am thinking maybe I should email them. Please advise my people.
with 5 years visitor visa , have you ever stayed more than 180 (single or multiple entries but in total 180 ) days during calendar year starts from visa issue date?
Khurram

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Questionnaire Form from HO

Post by bruteforce » Thu May 10, 2018 2:23 pm

If you have sent them required proof that you were in the UK legally all the time then you can't do much except to wait now. Did they mention in their letter that by what date they need the questionnaire back?

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Khurram545 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:59 pm
Johnnyboy007 wrote:
My dearest friends, I received questionnaire form from HO saying I stay in the country in 2008 and 2009 illegally which was completely wrong. I got my 5years visitor visa and never overstay at all till I get my residence in this country. I was back HO on this dates HO was talking about and I explained to them on the questionnaire and even included my old passport that got my visitor visas and stamps and pointed out the arrival stamps back home.

with 5 years visitor visa , have you ever stayed more than 180 (single or multiple entries but in total 180 ) days during calendar year starts from visa issue date?

@ Khurram545, Thanks for your response, No I never stay more than more than 180 days during and even my was still for 2years when I got my RC.

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:41 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:23 pm
If you have sent them required proof that you were in the UK legally all the time then you can't do much except to wait now. Did they mention in their letter that by what date they need the questionnaire back?
@ bruteforce, Yes they mentioned that in the letter that the questionnaire must be returned by 8th of May. I received Questionaire on the 23rd April, sent it back on the 24th and HO received it on the 25th April.

Do I need to contact them for the status of my application?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu May 10, 2018 2:46 pm

They would normally make the decision on or around 8th of May in that case. You should be hearing from them shortly.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi

I believe you should just wait for there reply now. HO usually take few weeks to reply or even months. As you have provided the information well within time so i believe it should be fine.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Johnnyboy007 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:37 pm
Khurram545 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:59 pm
Johnnyboy007 wrote:

@ Khurram545, Thanks for your response, No I never stay more than more than 180 days during and even my was still for 2years when I got my RC.
In Past, my mum's visit visa refused mentioning she over stayed last time .Because in invitation letter we mentioned she would stay for 2 months but she stayed for 4.5 months (still with in limit of 6 months) but case worker treated this over staying..

Hope you will get positive solution soon
Khurram

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:54 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:46 pm
They would normally make the decision on or around 8th of May in that case. You should be hearing from them shortly.

Thank you, guys.

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:32 pm

I am happy to let all lovely friends on here know that my Application has been successful. I received my Documents including my permanent card and Approval letter today in the registered envelope I sent along when I sent my questionnaire back to HO. Now waiting for the invitation letter for the ceremony. Got a story to tell :lol: :lol: All Glory belongs to the Highest God.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 pm

As I Suspected. Congratulations!

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 pm
As I Suspected. Congratulations!
@bruceforce, you are right, the decision was made on the 8th which was the date they said they must receive the questionnaire. Do you know how long it takes to receive the invitation letter? I only received one letter from HO saying my application has been successful. Is that the approval letter?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm

You should be getting an invitation to book ceremony with the council shortly. It can take from few days to upto couple of weeks in some cases but there is nothing you can do now, sit tight and relax.

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm
You should be getting an invitation to book ceremony with the council shortly. It can take from few days to upto couple of weeks in some cases but there is nothing you can do now, sit tight and relax.

Thanks, on the letter they sent to me, they said I should email them if I don't receive the invitation within 3weeks.