ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family help as a Parent help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ricky18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family help as a Parent help

Post by Ricky18 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi All,
Please, I need help with my application. I'm a mother of a British Child and not in a relationship with his father (he's married to another woman). I was granted Limited leave to remain on a 10year route, at that time I was given 2.5yrs. At the end of the initial 2.5yrs I extended my visa but at that point I applied for 5year route which was granted, I was given another 2.5yrs. Now my visa is coming to an end and I will have to renew soon, I would like to know if I qualify for ILR now as it says to qualify you must have been on this visa for 5 yrs. I don't know if I can add up the years I've used on my 10year route together with the one on the 5yr route to make up the 5yrs.
Please advise as I will need to extend soon and it would be a big relief if I qualify for ILR straightaway.
Thanks for your advise

Phb5
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Family help as a Parent help

Post by Phb5 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:07 pm

To the best of my knowledge, you are entitled to settlement after completing consecutive renewal on the same visa category as per FLR FP parents route. In your own case, the routes may look similar in category but different rules apply. I would submit, you can't combine the (2) 2.5 years at this stage, until you finish another 2.5 years on FLR FP 5-years parent route. My suggestion, but others may have different view and experience on it.

Ricky18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Family help as a Parent help

Post by Ricky18 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks very much for your advise