ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of absences: not required for EU reg certificate but required for naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LondonApplicant
France

List of absences: not required for EU reg certificate but required for naturalisation?

Post by LondonApplicant » Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 pm

I understand that the online process for EU citizens to apply for a registration certificate - permanent residence does NOT require applicants to list every single absence from the UK over the last 5 years:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-qp

However, it seems that form AN, the form used to apply for naturalisation, still requires applicants to list every single absence
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
Section 2.2, page 12, still asks for it, and there doesn't seem to be any exemption for EU citizens holding a registration certificate.

Is this correct? Do EU citizens, who already hold a certificate proving their permanent residence and apply for naturalisation, have to provide this list of absences?

If yes, I'm not sure I follow the logic: there was a big song and dance when the tedious requirement to list every single day out of the country was removed for the registration certificate, but the only purpose of the certificate is to apply for naturalisation, which still requires the list of absences, so... ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: List of absences: not required for EU reg certificate but required for naturalisation?

Post by CR001 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:32 am

Is this correct? Do EU citizens, who already hold a certificate proving their permanent residence and apply for naturalisation, have to provide this list of absences?
Yes it is correct.
If yes, I'm not sure I follow the logic: there was a big song and dance when the tedious requirement to list every single day out of the country was removed for the registration certificate, but the only purpose of the certificate is to apply for naturalisation, which still requires the list of absences, so... ?
EU PR and British Citizenship/Nationality are completely different sets of rules/laws/requirements and are independent of each other. Don't confuse the two.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LondonApplicant
France

Re: List of absences: not required for EU reg certificate but required for naturalisation?

Post by LondonApplicant » Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 am

Understood - thanks