ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Spouse English Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aron1234

ILR Spouse English Test

Post by aron1234 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:48 am

I have seen few people got refused their application due to not approved English test centre. I am currently on tier 1 entrepreneur visa and applying for ILR and my wife is also applying for her visa as spouse. She only been here in UK for 1 year, she booked B1 IELTS life skills test in British council london International house. Would someone advice if this is the right centre for this test

Me myself holds a degree from UK so I will be submitting that for myself

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Spouse English Test

Post by CR001 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 am

Link below of approved English test centres.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ntres_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aron1234

Post by aron1234 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks for your reply and yes I booked the test based on that document link you send but just wanted to confirm as someone in this forum got rejected though it was on the list but not for IELTS

FKO
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by FKO » Tue May 15, 2018 6:20 am

Ielts Life Skills B1 is the correct one for spouses ILR. Ielts Life Skils A1 is for initial souse visa, A2 extension and B1 for ILR. 5 yrs ago I used Toefl for my visa and I had to do the Ielts UKVI for ILR as Toefl is not an approved test since 2016. My wife will have to do the B1 life skills for her ILR which is a simplified version.