ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Penalty charge notice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahno
United Kingdom

Penalty charge notice

Post by Shahno » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 am

Good morning all,

I just have a quick question as I'm a bit confused. In November 2016 my husband received "Notice of enforcement" because of an unpaid Penalty Charge Notice issued on 19 November 2015.

The letter says " A warrant of control was authorised by the traffic enforcement centre at the county court business centre XXXXX on 7 july 2016 in respect of an unpaid penalty charge notice issued to vehicle registration XXXXXXX on 19 november 2015 at XXXXX"

We've received it late because we moved houses and my husband forgot to change the address on his driving licence.

However, he phoned them and he paid the penalty over the phone and it was settled.

Now I have 2 questions:

1) We are going to extent our current Tier 2 general this month as it is due expiry on 21/06/2018. Do we need to mention it on the application?

2) My husband is due ilr 10 years route in October 2018 and he is planning to apply in September. Does he need to mention it on his application? Does the 24 months apply to him in this case?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Re: Penalty charge notice

Post by Shahno » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Guys please if anyone can help that would be really appreciated..please.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Please guys any advice as we are very much worried about it :(

spynapple
Newly Registered
India

Post by spynapple » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 am
Good morning all,

I just have a quick question as I'm a bit confused. In November 2016 my husband received "Notice of enforcement" because of an unpaid Penalty Charge Notice issued on 19 November 2015.

The letter says " A warrant of control was authorised by the traffic enforcement centre at the county court business centre XXXXX on 7 july 2016 in respect of an unpaid penalty charge notice issued to vehicle registration XXXXXXX on 19 november 2015 at XXXXX"

We've received it late because we moved houses and my husband forgot to change the address on his driving licence.

However, he phoned them and he paid the penalty over the phone and it was settled.

Now I have 2 questions:

1) We are going to extent our current Tier 2 general this month as it is due expiry on 21/06/2018. Do we need to mention it on the application?

2) My husband is due ilr 10 years route in October 2018 and he is planning to apply in September. Does he need to mention it on his application? Does the 24 months apply to him in this case?

Thank you very much.
Hi,

Have you made the ILR application?

I'm in the exact same situation and not sure what to do.

If you've done your ILR, could you please share what you did?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 pm

spynapple wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 pm
Hi,

Have you made the ILR application?

If you've done your ILR, could you please share what you did?

Thank you.
THe user only posted in March and queried if there will be an issue with their Tier 2 general extension NOT for ILR due later this year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spynapple
Newly Registered
India

Post by spynapple » Tue May 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Apologies for any confusion due to stating ILR.

If there is any info on how the situation was handled (I presume it won't be different for an ILR application in terms of declaring convictions), it is much appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:39 pm

spynapple wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:29 pm
Apologies for any confusion due to stating ILR.

If there is any info on how the situation was handled (I presume it won't be different for an ILR application in terms of declaring convictions), it is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Please continue your questions in your own ILR topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-online-a ... l#p1634691

See also point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue May 15, 2018 1:58 pm

spynapple wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 pm
Shahno wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 am
Good morning all,

Now I have 2 questions:

Thank you very much.
Hi,

Have you made the ILR application? No,not yet

If you've done your ILR, could you please share what you did? We applied for tier 2 general extension and our applications were approved. We mentioned the PCN on the application and provided the PCN letter itself along with the proof of payment. I would give you the same advice the moderators gave me is to mention it..better you mention it yourself rather than the home office discovers it on their own! Don't give them a reason for refusal. Best of luck with your application.

Thank you.

Mak111
Newly Registered

Post by Mak111 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi,
where about in the application did you mention it and how did you provide the explanation?. is there a place on the application or as a cover letter?.
thanks

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply I just saw your message now.

My husband applied using the paper form. He mentioned it section E. Personal History (criminal convictions, war crimes..etc)
Question E.3 and E.4 and we explained what happened exactly and why we paid it late in the cover letter. We contacted the company who collected the penalty on the council's behalf (the bailiffs) and asked them for a confirmation of payment.

We submitted the letter we received stating the penalty and the payment confirmation.

Hope that helps.