ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Called for EC Interview

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Madhumita
Newly Registered

Called for EC Interview

Post by Madhumita » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi Guys

I applied on 26th March from Pune and today received an email asking to attend a interview. I need to go to VFS Pune to get the interview date and then visit the BHC at Mumbai.

Any tidbits - either here or on PM :(. Should I take some extra forms/ Should I go with more proofs? Can I orally mention that I have cousins out there where I can put up - I dont have letters from them as yet. Will they consider communications letters sent by consultants seriously?

Madhu
----------------
EC Applied: 26 March

chandra28
Newly Registered

interview

Post by chandra28 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:21 am

hey madhu, hope all goes off well...
whens ur interview?

Madhumita
Newly Registered

interview questions

Post by Madhumita » Fri May 02, 2008 8:04 pm

I am sharing my experience here.

I was informed about interview on 25th (Friday) and went to collect letter from Pune VFS on 28th March (Monday). The interview was scheduled for Tuesday (29th March) at Mumbai BDHC. Their office is in ground floor, Maker Chambers 4. Dont go to 2nd floor.

The reporting time was 11.30. They checked the bags etc at the entrance and removed all cosmetics, electronics from the bag.

I was called in for interview at around 3.15. The interview lasted for arnd 10 mins.

The interviewer enquired thrice if I am sure I want to take my interview in English. He was quite friendly and all the while, while I was answering, took notes on his PC. The questions

1. Who filled your form?
2. which visa did you apply for?
3. How did u claim your points (I actually forgot where I claimed 20 points for and he helped me)
4. Are you sure all the documents are true?
5. Are these the SAME documents that you used while applying for HSMP
6. When did you work for this company 1 (i worked for 2 companies during the last 6 months)
7. whats your designation? what was your salary there?
8. why did u move to Company 2?
9. whats your designation and role?
10. why are you planning to move to the UK?
11. Do you have any friends or relatives there? (or "do you know someone there")
12. where do you plan to stay in UK after you reach?
13. Once you land there, you want to join a job? Do you have some proofs that you can get employed there?
14. how much money do you have with you?

he enquired if i was confused at any point during the interview and said that they are giving me visa for the UK and that it will be sent by courier as thats what I opted for.

all the best to everyone out there who are applying.

cheers

chandra28 wrote:hey madhu, hope all goes off well...
whens ur interview?

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:46 am

Congratulations Madhumita,

I have observed that all the people who got interview call were from pune...

cheers
Kaushal