ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain granted!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krisbol17
Wales

Indefinite Leave to Remain granted!!!

Post by krisbol17 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:42 pm

I have just got home from work and found a brown enveloppe, in it just the BRP. You guys can check my other post to find out my immigration history, here my timeline

- 12 Dec 17: I post my application form FLR(DL) based on 2 x 3 years DLR (failed asylum back in 2004)
- 16 Jan 18: I got Biometrics Enrollment Letter
- 11 May 18: Date on BRP (No original documents returned yet)

It took roughly 5 months.

It's interesting that the letter was put through the letter box of my flat, there was no one at home to sign for it.

Anyway, good luck to you guys especially those who posted as it can be a long frustrating journey.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain granted!!!

Post by CMOSUK » Tue May 15, 2018 5:18 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:42 pm
I have just got home from work and found a brown enveloppe, in it just the BRP. You guys can check my other post to find out my immigration history, here my timeline

- 12 Dec 17: I post my application form FLR(DL) based on 2 x 3 years DLR (failed asylum back in 2004)
- 16 Jan 18: I got Biometrics Enrollment Letter
- 11 May 18: Date on BRP (No original documents returned yet)

It took roughly 5 months.

It's interesting that the letter was put through the letter box of my flat, there was no one at home to sign for it.

Anyway, good luck to you guys especially those who posted as it can be a long frustrating journey.
Congratulations 🎊

Please can you tell the documents used for the application for reference purposes.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Sure @CMOSUK
  • Biometric Residence Permit card (my second 3 year DLR)
  • ASL.2155 Home Office DLR (first 3 year DLR)
  • ASL.2373 Immigration Status Document certified copy + Letter dated 29 September 2011 (second 3 year DLR)
  • Valid National biometric passport
  • National ID Card
  • Life In The UK certificate
  • Driving Licence - I asked for it to be returned back in January. They returned it with the Biometric Enrollment letter. Another letter saying they don't have it lol
  • Council Tax bill (within 3 months)
  • TalkTalk Bill (within 3 months)
  • Masters in Civil Engineering Degree Certificate (requested from online on 14 May) - date on BRP is 11 May so decision was already made before this request!
  • Employment status letter
  • Employment Payslips (past 3 months)
  • HSBC Bank Statements (past 3 months)
  • National Insurance Card
  • Character reference letter (my old church vicar and his wife)
  • Character reference letter (My old friend, also a vicar in the church of England)
  • Enhanced DBS
I'm trying to read other posts about receiving only BRP, no original documents. Do you know anything about that?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:31 pm
Sure @CMOSUK
  • Biometric Residence Permit card (my second 3 year DLR)
  • ASL.2155 Home Office DLR (first 3 year DLR)
  • ASL.2373 Immigration Status Document certified copy + Letter dated 29 September 2011 (second 3 year DLR)
  • Valid National biometric passport
  • National ID Card
  • Life In The UK certificate
  • Driving Licence - I asked for it to be returned back in January. They returned it with the Biometric Enrollment letter. Another letter saying they don't have it lol
  • Council Tax bill (within 3 months)
  • TalkTalk Bill (within 3 months)
  • Masters in Civil Engineering Degree Certificate (requested from online on 14 May) - date on BRP is 11 May so decision was already made before this request!
  • Employment status letter
  • Employment Payslips (past 3 months)
  • HSBC Bank Statements (past 3 months)
  • National Insurance Card
  • Character reference letter (my old church vicar and his wife)
  • Character reference letter (My old friend, also a vicar in the church of England)
  • Enhanced DBS
I'm trying to read other posts about receiving only BRP, no original documents. Do you know anything about that?
It is possible thyy may be sent out separately.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:04 pm

All documents received today by Royal Mail signed for, again, no one was in my flat to sign for it but they still delivered it! Not that I'm complaining :D