ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony letter without Home office letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek_10
India

Ceremony letter without Home office letter

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi Guys

I had applied for my citizenship via the online method back in early march. Today I recieved an Invitation letter from my local council for the Citizenship Ceremony. However, I've not recieved any letter from the home office so far.

On the ceremony invitation it states, I need both the home office letter and the invite letter. Has anyone else been in this situation? I'm wondering if I can call the home office and ask for a re-issue?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ceremony letter without Home office letter

Post by dontringthebell » Tue May 15, 2018 7:28 pm

If your ceremony is very close do check with HO, there 2nd class post can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to arrive from decision date.

You could also check with council about your decision date as per the intimation sent by HO to them.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks for your response. The ceremony date is pretty far, so I'm thinking going for a private ceremony.

I'll give HO a call tomorrow and check with them.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 pm

mine was 1 month and a half from the date of approval, however, due to significant cost difference I used the time to ready further applications for surrender and OCI. Might be you have urgent travel needs.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:35 pm

I received a ceremony invite letter on 5th May without my approval letter. I have booked a ceremony for next week and they just asked me to bring my ceremony invitation letter.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:35 am

Letter came through today. It's dated 4th May so it took a while to come...

thanks guys for your responses.