ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Standard Application - Main applicant and Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sssvp76
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Standard Application - Main applicant and Dependent

Post by sssvp76 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi, I am new to UK immigration process. I just got my RCOS and applying for Visa through SPV process. In such case, can my wife(dependent) can apply through standard process? If so can she apply along with me or have to wait till I receive my Visa?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 Standard Application - Main applicant and Dependent

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm

sssvp76 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm
Hi, I am new to UK immigration process. I just got my RCOS and applying for Visa through SPV process. In such case, can my wife(dependent) can apply through standard process? If so can she apply along with me or have to wait till I receive my Visa?
All can apply together!

sssvp76
Newly Registered
India

Post by sssvp76 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm
sssvp76 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm
All can apply together!
Thanks. I need to be in UK by June 4th and hence I would like to apply through Super Priority Visa. My wife had a Visa refusal history(USA) in the past but was issued Visa later. Looks like SPV process is not for people with a history of Visa refusals.

Your application may not be straightforward if you have:

been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Schengen countries, and/or;
you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
you have committed a criminal offence in any country.
If you fall into one of these categories, you may not want to use the Super Priority Visa service, as UKVI may be unable to process your application within the published timescale.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Thu May 17, 2018 4:06 am

I guess it may take few extra days, but surely application gets into super priority. If I may advise - go for priority, which can still be worked out in 5 days (generally) and a bit economical compared to SPV

I dont recommend standard, as some of them I saw on other thread are struggling with delays even after a month