ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric PR Card kept by Home Office Agent at the airport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EUPR
India

Re: Biometric PR Card kept by Home Office Agent at the airport

Post by EUPR » Tue May 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi, I am really thankful everybody on this forum specially secret.simon.TODAY I'VE RECEIVED BRC (replacement).
secret.simon is a diamond. I contacted with many solicitors and everybody making this procedure complicated. I really appreciate secret.simon for helping me. He shared a link with me which really works.

By the way, on the new card expiry date is same as old one but start date is this month. DO i need to wait for 12 months again or i can apply naturalization from the last BRC date. Last BRC date is august 2017 and this is may 2018.

It will be great if you reply.

thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 am

You will be eligible to apply for naturalisation from the date you were FIRST GRANTED permanent status. Ignore new PR issue date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Wed May 16, 2018 8:28 am

Hi zimba88,
Thank you very much for quick reply. Your answer really give me relief. The last thing, 12 month will finish in august2018 . But 2 years ago i was not in the UK in august 2016. I was on holidays. Somebody said to me, i need to be in the UK, when i will apply for naturalization and should be in uk same date last 5 years. Suppose if i apply 20th august 2018, i need to be in the uk on 20th august 2017, august 2016,august 2015,august 2014. Is there any rule like this or i 've been confused :roll: :?

Please shed some light on it. :idea:

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 am

If you apply on x date in August 2018, then you must have been physically present in the UK on x date in August 2013.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Thank you very much " CR001 ". You are a star.
I have few questions regarding my application for naturalization.
Do I need to send documents from the last five years or just last one year (august 2017-august 2018).
I am a self employed "which documents do i need to send" . I am no more dependant to my EU wife so i dont need any of hers documents. Am I right?

I will be really thankful to you if you reply me with documents' list which i need for this application.

I am waiting for your help.

THanks again......