ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Timeline spouse visa

Post by Halisonu5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi everyone i jist wanted to share my own personal experience with you all

I am UK citizen..i got marries in march 2013 to my husband who is from pakistan i then applied for spouse from pakistan in june 2015 and we hears back in september 2015 and the visa was rejected...the reason was financial requirments...on 2 occasions my boss paid me and different dates and also the papers submitted were older than 28 days so i didnt appeal and wanted to start again...i visited pakistan in may 2015 and got pregnant n my son was born on 25th february 2016....i was very upset and emotional during this time and hoping my husband would be by our sides but anyway i started work on october 2016 n also i was a carer for my mum...so i could only work part time...i was earning 458 a month and also getting child benefit and child tax credit along with carers allowance...i applied for spouse visa 2nd time from uk main office in sheffield by post....sent application on 18th december online and sent supporting documents on 21st december and husband enrolled biometrics on 18th december...my husband recieved an email on same day saying application has been forwarded along with gwf number....have been waiting nearly 12 weeks n got call yesterday which was 9th march 2018 had a phone interview with home office...it was very nerve racking...they called on private number but the caller wasnt too cold to talk with as most of them are....anyway then my work imformed me they called them too and now im awaiting decision they havnt got in touch with my husband yet though and the officer did say this is last contact u will have with us n will recieve decision not long after....now im so nervous n scared and worried what might be the decision....the timeline was

18th dec 2017 biometrics enrolled and online application sent, huaband recieved xonfirmation email

21st dec 2017 sent supporting doc to sheffield

9th march 2018 recieved call from home office...had phone interview with them...

Now awaiting decision....the hard part is waiting if anyone wants to know the questions i was asked then let me know....

Lolapalooza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Timeline spouse visa

Post by Lolapalooza » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Halisonu5 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:56 pm
Now awaiting decision....the hard part is waiting if anyone wants to know the questions i was asked then let me know....
*hands up*

:?:

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:48 am

You want to know what questions they asked?

Lolapalooza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lolapalooza » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:32 am

Yes, sure.

wak9001
United Kingdom

Post by wak9001 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 am

Halisonu5 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:56 pm
Hi everyone i jist wanted to share my own personal experience with you all

I am UK citizen..i got marries in march 2013 to my husband who is from pakistan i then applied for spouse from pakistan in june 2015 and we hears back in september 2015 and the visa was rejected...the reason was financial requirments...on 2 occasions my boss paid me and different dates and also the papers submitted were older than 28 days so i didnt appeal and wanted to start again...i visited pakistan in may 2015 and got pregnant n my son was born on 25th february 2016....i was very upset and emotional during this time and hoping my husband would be by our sides but anyway i started work on october 2016 n also i was a carer for my mum...so i could only work part time...i was earning 458 a month and also getting child benefit and child tax credit along with carers allowance...i applied for spouse visa 2nd time from uk main office in sheffield by post....sent application on 18th december online and sent supporting documents on 21st december and husband enrolled biometrics on 18th december...my husband recieved an email on same day saying application has been forwarded along with gwf number....have been waiting nearly 12 weeks n got call yesterday which was 9th march 2018 had a phone interview with home office...it was very nerve racking...they called on private number but the caller wasnt too cold to talk with as most of them are....anyway then my work imformed me they called them too and now im awaiting decision they havnt got in touch with my husband yet though and the officer did say this is last contact u will have with us n will recieve decision not long after....now im so nervous n scared and worried what might be the decision....the timeline was

18th dec 2017 biometrics enrolled and online application sent, huaband recieved xonfirmation email

21st dec 2017 sent supporting doc to sheffield

9th march 2018 recieved call from home office...had phone interview with them...

Just out of curiosity what is your job title and did you apply under the financial exemption route ?? I'm only asking because I am going down this route as I am on PIP but also work part time. Thanks.

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Yes I am working part time as adminstrator and yes I am exempt from financial requirments as i get carers allowance but I am unable to work more than 16 hours a week and also £114.85 is the couple income which i shouldnt be earning higher than each week....hope this helps and i assume you live in the uk? Which visa are you hoping to apply for?

This is a simple formula the home office use on those who are exempt from financial requirments:

A – B ≥ C

A minus B is greater than or equal to C. 

Where:

A is the projected NET income (after deduction of income tax and national insurance contributions for earnings);

B is the cost of accommodation (rent/mortgage and council tax); and

C is the Income Support applicable amount.

If u follow this hopefully cant go wrong

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Lolapalooza wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:32 am
Yes, sure.
They asked my name and date of birth along with my husbands
What date we got married
Where i work and who the employer is and if we are related
How much i am paid annual and monthly
Type of payment recived for salary
What date i get paid
Discription of how my work place looks from outside
Also what the roof was made from lol
What days amd time i work
If i work weekends
What reference is used when im paid n if the employer uses same reference for everyone...an example is my employer used his name as refrence for bank transfer n i was asked y this was the case n of others were paid like this n i said how would i know then i was asked if it was employers personal account n i said i dont know then i was asked why isnt the company used as again i replied i dont know
Who i work with and what are their names
There were a few more which i cant really remember as it was so nerve racking n my mind was all over i was anxious and didnt want to mess up...anyway hope this...these are the types of questions i was told to memorise by my lawyer so thankfully i didnt get stuck i wrote the questions though so hopefully i have a proper look...right now just waiting for reply its been 11 weeks so far since applying so fingers crossed we hear from them soon

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:26 pm

I forgot to mention the email my husband recieved from visa office on 7th March 2 days before they called me this is what email said and after the phone interview on 9th march not heard anything

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

xmrsbentetresx
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by xmrsbentetresx » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi. Do you have any good news as of now? Sori just eager to find out since im still waiting for a decision

Nabeela78680
United Kingdom

Post by Nabeela78680 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

What have they said

Jonaid88
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jonaid88 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:51 am

Hi i wNted to know when does the processing time start cause me and wife are soo confused do we start from biometric day or the day i sent my documents to shieffield cause i did the fast track visa And they told me i will get a response in 4 week thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 am

Biometrics date
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease