ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Domestic Worker Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mitoke
Newly Registered
United States of America

Overseas Domestic Worker Visa

Post by mitoke » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:37 am

Has anyone successfully gotten consecutive overseas domestic worker visas? I'll be going to the UK on a Tier 4 visa and would like to bring my nanny. If she gets the first 6 months visa, and then takes a short 1-2 month break, can she apply for another and be approved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Overseas Domestic Worker Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm

How long do you plan on staying in the UK as a student?
Your employer
Your employer must be either a:

British or European Economic Area (EEA) national who usually lives outside the UK and who doesn’t intend to remain in the UK for more than six months
foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who doesn’t intend to remain for more than 6 months
Your employer must also pay you at least the national minimum wage.

You could lose your visa if your employer breaks any immigration laws while in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 pm

This won't change the challenge you will face in getting a visa for your child without your partner.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/tier-4-dependen ... 51470.html

HO could well take the view that the nanny could continue looking after the child in your home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mitoke
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mitoke » Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Your employer

British or European Economic Area (EEA) national who usually lives outside the UK and who doesn’t intend to remain in the UK for more than six months
foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who doesn’t intend to remain for more than 6 months

You could lose your visa if your employer breaks any immigration laws while in the UK.
One year(9 months if not counting vacation time)

mitoke
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mitoke » Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 pm
This won't change the challenge you will face in getting a visa for your child without your partner.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/tier-4-dependen ... 51470.html

HO could well take the view that the nanny could continue looking after the child in your home country.
Yes, I know it won't change the challenge regarding the dependent visa. Just asking for when(hopefully) the visa is granted.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 am

mitoke wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Your employer

One year(9 months if not counting vacation time)
You/nanny won't qualify for a domestic visa then as you are planning on staying for more than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bubbly2703
United Kingdom

Post by bubbly2703 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm

mitoke wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:37 am
Has anyone successfully gotten consecutive overseas domestic worker visas? I'll be going to the UK on a Tier 4 visa and would like to bring my nanny. If she gets the first 6 months visa, and then takes a short 1-2 month break, can she apply for another and be approved?
Hi,

Where are you currently?

mitoke
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mitoke » Thu May 17, 2018 9:58 am

bubbly2703 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm
mitoke wrote:
Hi,

Where are you currently?
UAE

bubbly2703
United Kingdom

Post by bubbly2703 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:25 pm

mitoke wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:58 am
bubbly2703 wrote:
mitoke wrote:
Hi,

Where are you currently?
UAE
Hi,

Why don't you just recruit somebody from this side for the time you will be here?

mitoke
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mitoke » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:43 am

bubbly2703 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:25 pm
mitoke wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:58 am
bubbly2703 wrote:
mitoke wrote:
Hi,

Where are you currently?
UAE
Hi,

Why don't you just recruit somebody from this side for the time you will be here?
That's most likely what I'll have to do. My nanny has been working with us for a while and we trust her. Moving to a new place and finding someone to trust my child with isn't easy.