ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Applied by Post without Bank Statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hp55
Newly Registered
India

ILR Applied by Post without Bank Statement

Post by hp55 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:37 am

Hi,
I applied for ILR on 4th April by Post (5 years on Tier 1 G) and while reading the Guidance notes I realize that I have made 2 mistakes.

1. I had claimed points for earning by employments however I had sent only the payslips and P60 thinking there were from difference source. On reading the guidance document I now realise Home Office considers Payslips and P60 to be from same source.
Question - Can I send my bank statement as an additional document to support the earning?
(I do not have a reference number yet, so what should I do till then?)

2. Previous Passports - I have missed to send 2 of my old cancelled passports, they were cancelled as they ran out of pages however I had used them for travel while in the UK.
Should I be sending them across as additional document?

Can someone guide me weather the failure of not sending these above documents along with the originL application fall for refusal OR Do I still have an opportunity to salvage the situation by sending them once I receive the BRP letter with the case ref number?

Any help/guidance will be much appreciated

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR Applied by Post without Bank Statement

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 am

I think the best way is when you have your ref. number, send them the documents you were missing by special delivery and attach a letter why you send them extra documents. Normally they will accept, as your case won't be accessed until you perform biometric.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

hp55
Newly Registered
India

Post by hp55 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 am

thank you, the wait for the BRP is going to be unbearable

hp55
Newly Registered
India

Post by hp55 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm

hi,
I received ILR refusal letter today stating no points were awarded for my UK earnings.

Just to recap, I had missed to include bank statements in the original ILR applications but had send them at a later date with a cover letter explaining they were missed.

I am going for Admin Review explaining that I did send the bank statements and had the case worker referred it then he would have been able to corroborate the earnings.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
WOuld Home Office consider the additional documents?

hp55
Newly Registered
India

Post by hp55 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:27 am

Any advise please?

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 am

hp55 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm
hi,
I received ILR refusal letter today stating no points were awarded for my UK earnings.

Just to recap, I had missed to include bank statements in the original ILR applications but had send them at a later date with a cover letter explaining they were missed.

I am going for Admin Review explaining that I did send the bank statements and had the case worker referred it then he would have been able to corroborate the earnings.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
WOuld Home Office consider the additional documents?
Hi hp55

Sorry to hear about your refusal. HO is seriously taking a crap approach. You said you sent the documents separately and mentioned a cover letter and case worker should have considered that. Go to admin view and attach the copy of thee letter and say it was a genuine mistake, its not like something you have missed.

I hope you get your visa soon.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

hp55
Newly Registered
India

Post by hp55 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Guys,
Thought I would post an update.

My ILR has been approved, I received the BRP card today.

Strange that i did not receive any letter from Home Office regarding the decision, just an email from DX delivery in the early morning and BRP delivery around noon time.

I guess my passport and documents would be delivered in the next few days.

My best wishes to all those waiting for a decision.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:02 pm

hp55 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:13 pm
Hi Guys,
Thought I would post an update.

My ILR has been approved, I received the BRP card today.

Strange that i did not receive any letter from Home Office regarding the decision, just an email from DX delivery in the early morning and BRP delivery around noon time.

I guess my passport and documents would be delivered in the next few days.

My best wishes to all those waiting for a decision.
Congratulations!
What argument did you make in the AR?
That you had sent the bank statements? Did they actually mention the missed bank statements in the original refusal?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:39 am

Also, on what day did you submit your extra document?
Seems they sent a decision very quickly after applying?