ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECO refused visa based on someone else`s doduments

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gesa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ECO refused visa based on someone else`s doduments

Post by gesa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:34 am

Hello I was wondering if you could help with my query below:

My mother applied for a family visit visa and after 2 weeks she received the refusal letter. We noticed that the refusal letter had her name and details but the reasons given for the refusal were not based at all on the documents we provided. In the refusal letter the ECO was mentioning an account with a bank that she does not have any account with and the balance of money was not what she actually has in her account.

We are now not sure if there was an error with the transfer of the documents or a human error on ECO part when looking at multiple applications at the same time.

However, we have complained to home office but have not received any response yet so I was wondering if you could help with any suggestion on what we can do further to accelerate the process. This is totally unheard off and was really shocking to us, but apparently this stupid things happen.

Thanks all

gesa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ECO refused visa based on someone else`s doduments

Post by gesa » Thu May 17, 2018 11:07 am

Latest update on this, we have received responses from complaints email address saying that because the application was made outside the UK they can not deal with and suggested to contact UKVI for outside the UK applications. We did and a week ago they replied saying that we need to log a complain because there is nothing that they can do. Shocking isn't it? No one is willing to help or responsible for the mistakes that they staff make.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ECO refused visa based on someone else`s doduments

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:11 am

gesa wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am
Hi

My mother applied for a family visa exactly 2 months ago and it was refused. The ECO made big mistakes in the refusal letter where they were mentioning that she provided documents from a bank that she does not have a bank account with and she receives income from a country that she never lived in. So clearly they have mistaken her documents with someone else`s. We have sent various emails to complaints email address and the UKIV for outside the uk applications but everyone is saying that they are not the responsible department. Not sure what to do anymore at this point. Any idea from your experience guys? Thanks
Kindly refrain from tagging onto topics that are not visitor visa related (Tier 2 General - 7 weeks delay after successful Administrative Review).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.