ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am
ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 am
Plabber_123 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 am
Just a quick update. I applied for the visa on Monday (23rd April) from Mumbai India via the priority service. Received an update on the 24th of April (yesterday) that the electronic application had reached Sheffeld, UK and was being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer.
Hi Plabber. Did you get your VISA? My biometrics were on April 26, recd 6th Sheffield email on May 2, had called UKVI and they said application status is complete. No word since. Standard application.
i guess plabber didnt cleared mentioned, however I presume he collected his passport (VISA stamped) from VFS directly, after he received news that decision is made!

If you too got the message and not opted courier - it is worth trying in VFS
Good luck arjun!
Hi Ashish. Thank you for the message. I have visited 3 times already. It's very annoying. My joining date is nearing and I don't even know if my application has been approved or rejected!
I can understand your situation, if it is priority application - atleast you would know the decision I guess, whether you received you passport or not.
I believe you applied standard.
I can only say you chase as much as possible on UKVI email or phone option!
My best wishes to you

I am anxious as I too submitting my application on 18-May

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 am

Hello Guys,

Below is my dilemma.

1. Category applying under - Tier 2 General and Dependent - Standard
2. Country of application - India
3. City of Visa Application Centre - VFS Mumbai
4. Date of application - April 19, 2018
5. Date of submission of documents - April 26, 2018
6. Email that its being prepared for decision by Entry Clearance Officer - May 2, 2018

No email was received from UKVI that " decision has been made"....

Checked with UKVI and they confirmed on email that decision has been made on May 4, 2018 but they cannot disclose the outcome. VFS should contact me. Personally visited VFS and they informed me that the passports are with the embassy.

Issue is that its already more than 15 Days since I have applied and submitted documents/biometrics for UK Visa.As per communication from someone in UK Visas and Immigration International inquiry service, the decision on mine and my wife's VISA was done on 4th May and the passports have been dispatched from Embassy on 8th May.

As of today when i have contacted the VAC (VFS Ahmedabad) they said that the passports are still in embassy and there is nothing they can do from there end other then wait.

Hence, i am unable to locate the passport at the moment due to contradictory inputs from VFS and UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am

ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
ashishkm wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 am

Hi Plabber. Did you get your VISA? My biometrics were on April 26, recd 6th Sheffield email on May 2, had called UKVI and they said application status is complete. No word since. Standard application.
i guess plabber didnt cleared mentioned, however I presume he collected his passport (VISA stamped) from VFS directly, after he received news that decision is made!

Good luck arjun!
Hi Ashish. Thank you for the message. I have visited 3 times already. It's very annoying. My joining date is nearing and I don't even know if my application has been approved or rejected!
I can understand your situation, if it is priority application - atleast you would know the decision I guess, whether you received you passport or not.
My best wishes to you

Assume that it will take 20 working days...

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:54 am

buntyninja wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 am
Hello Guys,

Below is my dilemma.

6. Email that its being prepared for decision by Entry Clearance Officer - May 2, 2018

Checked with UKVI and they confirmed on email that decision has been made on May 4, 2018 but they cannot disclose the outcome. VFS should contact me. Personally visited VFS and they informed me that the passports are with the embassy.

Issue is that its already more than 15 Days since I have applied and submitted documents/biometrics for UK Visa.As per communication from someone in UK Visas and Immigration International inquiry service, the decision on mine and my wife's VISA was done on 4th May and the passports have been dispatched from Embassy on 8th May.

As of today when i have contacted the VAC (VFS Ahmedabad) they said that the passports are still in embassy and there is nothing they can do from there end other then wait.

Hence, i am unable to locate the passport at the moment due to contradictory inputs from VFS and UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.
All our facts are the same - u and ur wife, April 19, April 26, May 2, May 4... Passport still not received. Still waiting even after phone and email.

Just curious on one thing - how do u know when it was despatched? VFS Mumbai had not given me any such info. I am visiting them again today!

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am
ashishkm wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
ashishkm wrote:

Good luck arjun!
My best wishes to you

Don't wish so!!! :)
I saw numerous cases, who applied Tier 2 Gen, as priority - received thier VISAs with in 8 working days. In fact VISA approval letter in jus 2 days
I hope it turns around the same as I am applying alone, I have 3 times VISA history and shouldn't be a difficult one for them, fingers crossed!

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am
ashishkm wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:

My best wishes to you

Don't wish so!!! :)
I saw numerous cases, who applied Tier 2 Gen, as priority - received thier VISAs with in 8 working days. In fact VISA approval letter in jus 2 days
I hope it turns around the same as I am applying alone, I have 3 times VISA history and shouldn't be a difficult one for them, fingers crossed!
Best wishes with you.

I have a US visa and am still struggling for this even after knowing that it has been processed! But then ours is a standard application.

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Thu May 17, 2018 7:07 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:54 am
buntyninja wrote:
Hello Guys,

Below is my dilemma.

All our facts are the same - u and ur wife, April 19, April 26, May 2, May 4... Passport still not received. Still waiting even after phone and email.

Just curious on one thing - how do u know when it was despatched? VFS Mumbai had not given me any such info. I am visiting them again today!
Yup, they didnt informed me and kept on saying that the Passports are with Embassy.

However when i called UK Immigration Number the person on Call, provided me this information.

Hence, unable to comprehend that its been 10 days since they dispatched the Passport and VFS havent received.

Let me know if you get any update from VFS too

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 am

buntyninja wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:07 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:
Hello Guys,

Below is my dilemma.

Yup, they didnt informed me and kept on saying that the Passports are with Embassy.

However when i called UK Immigration Number the person on Call, provided me this information.

Hence, unable to comprehend that its been 10 days since they dispatched the Passport and VFS havent received.

If possible, try calling UKVI again and tell that according to VFS its still at the embassy. Ask if they are sure if it has been dispatched from the embassy. Let me know what they say.

I received an email revert stating it takes around 10 days to dispatch the passport after the review completion date.

Also, my visit yesterday got me the same reply - with the embassy!

When is your joining date?

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 am
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:
Hello Guys,

Below is my dilemma.

If possible, try calling UKVI again and tell that according to VFS its still at the embassy. Ask if they are sure if it has been dispatched from the embassy. Let me know what they say.

I received an email revert stating it takes around 10 days to dispatch the passport after the review completion date.

Sorry for asking .. Whats a review Completion Date? and where can i get that?

All i got was that the decision was Made on 4th May.

My Joining Date is 19th May

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 am

buntyninja wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:

Both dates are the same. Decision made.

If May 19 is your joining at the UK, how do plan to? Today is May 17 already.

Do you know if you were granted the VISA?

You submitted in VFS MUMBAI OR AHMBAD? I read somewhere on this thread on AHMBAD too I guess...

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 am
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:

You submitted in VFS MUMBAI OR AHMBAD? I read somewhere on this thread on AHMBAD too I guess...
The Joining Date would be taken Care by the Company I presume as its the same company i been working now for 10 Years.

No Im not sure if have been granted a Visa or not

I submitted Docs in Ahmedabad but my Visa Issuing Center was Mumbai Embassy.

The 10 Days from Decision Date (were they working days or Calendar Days) any idea?

I cant DM you as dont have enough points here, can you try to DM me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 am

buntyninja wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 am
You don't have access to the PM function and members are reminded that the PM privilege can be withdraw permanently if there is any abuse or unsolicited messages or repeated 'PM me' posts or 'nonsense' posting to boost post count to trigger the PM function.

Please remember that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger. We have many spammers and scammers who trawl the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 pm

buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:

The Joining Date would be taken Care by the Company I presume as its the same company i been working now for 10 Years.

The 10 Days from Decision Date (were they working days or Calendar Days) any idea?

I believe it should be working days since everything they refer to in working days.

I Don't know how to PM here!

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm

royarjun2005 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 pm
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:

I believe it should be working days since everything they refer to in working days.

so going by there word... if your desicon was made on 4th, then max by tomorrow it should be shipped? Right?

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 pm

buntyninja wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:

so going by there word... if your desicon was made on 4th, then max by tomorrow it should be shipped? Right?
Ideally yes. But as days go by, I am not sure how much to rely on them!

I have a related question - we get a 30 day travel vignette and have to travel within the 30 days. The 30 days travel vignette starts from the date of stamping or intended date of travel to the UK?

If its from the date of stamping, we are loosing out on the days.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Thu May 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Based on the intended travel date, they stamp it a week prior to it and as u said it is valid for 30 days!
however if you stamped date and intended travel date are close by, then u are loosing days - yes.

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 pm
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:

I have a related question - we get a 30 day travel vignette and have to travel within the 30 days. The 30 days travel vignette starts from the date of stamping or intended date of travel to the UK?

royarjun2005 : Vigenette Date is from Travel Date: Hence, we both will be losing days the more the Visa is delayed

Whenever you get your ViSA or have any updates then please let us know and i will to keep on updating here as an when i have any updates

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 am

buntyninja wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 pm
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:

royarjun2005 : Vigenette Date is from Travel Date: Hence, we both will be losing days the more the Visa is delayed

Whenever you get your ViSA or have any updates then please let us know and i will to keep on updating here as an when i have any updates
Sure will do. Cheers.

pizzapizza
Newly Registered
India

Post by pizzapizza » Fri May 18, 2018 9:17 am

I had applied on. 1st May for tier 2 general, non priority standard.
Applicants me and my partner.

Today on 18th I got request to send the NARIC document again via email to sheffield office. even though we had provided both original and copy at time of application.

I sent an email but missed the attachment. So I resent the email with NARIC document attachment.

Has this happened with anyone where documents are requested to be emailed again?

Did that affect the time lines?
Will my second email be considered as the correct one since first one was missing the attachment?

Is there a number or email id where I can communicate and confirm that they need to consider the second email?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri May 18, 2018 9:28 am

Hi, u can call the below and confirm with them

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

Dont worry, they might have missed or asked it for additonal clarification. I hope decision timelines wont change much (as you've already sent it)

pizzapizza
Newly Registered
India

Post by pizzapizza » Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 am

ashishkm wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:28 am
Hi, u can call the below and confirm with them

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

Dont worry, they might have missed or asked it for additonal clarification. I hope decision timelines wont change much (as you've already sent it)
Thank you so much!! Appreciate your prompt help 😀

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Fri May 18, 2018 11:27 am

Finally got Tier 2 ICT dependent visa today... after 1 n half month with soo much frustration, struggle ...

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri May 18, 2018 12:23 pm

NanRam wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:27 am
Finally got Tier 2 ICT dependent visa today... after 1 n half month with soo much frustration, struggle ...
Good news, congrats!

when biometrics given?
when stamped/decision made?

jus wanna see how much time they are taking to send after decision made?

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:41 pm

NanRam wrote:
Congrats NanRam. Can you help us with the following -

Date of biometrics
Date when UKVI confirmed decision made
Date of stamping

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Fri May 18, 2018 5:49 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:23 pm
NanRam wrote:
Good news, congrats!

when biometrics given?
when stamped/decision made?

jus wanna see how much time they are taking to send after decision made?
Date of Biometric: April 5th
Reached Decision Making Center on April 17th
Stamping Date: May 15th
VFS SMS / passport dispatched : May 17th
Received Passport Date: May 19th