ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About 10 years SET LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kmkhaled
United Kingdom

About 10 years SET LR

Post by Kmkhaled » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi quick question...? my wife spent 7 years under student dependent visa then swich to FLR FP after i got ILR. Now she is compliteing 10 years soon ligally in UK...so my question is : is her continuous chain is ok or does it break bcoz she swich to flr fp...let me know all da exparts...hop set LR only requir 10 years ligal stay...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: About 10 years SET LR

Post by CR001 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:12 pm

All visas count for 10 years long residence. As long as she meets the requirements and the absence limits, she should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kmkhaled
United Kingdom

Post by Kmkhaled » Thu May 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks...some people are saying when home office consider artical 8 and give visa out side immigration rules then the 10 year ligal chain get broken and they have to continune on thia flrFP rute then get ilr after complite 10 years on flr FP rute...confuse...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Don't listen to 'some people'. As long as you have 10 years legal stay and no period of overstay exceeding 28/14 days, all visas count (including visit visas).

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Mon May 21, 2018 10:58 am

Dear Guru CR 001

Thanks in advance for your valuable help for so many peoples lives.

I am due to apply for ILR via 10 long residence route.

I just went through the application form where it states that ''You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are unable to provide a passport''.

Does this mean that ONLY PASSPORTS AND VISA/BRP which i had for 10 years is enough when applying visa premium service OR should i submit documents like Doctors, employment letters, HMRC/P60 Etc; council tax/gas/electricity bills too Please. What if i dont have few documents mentioned above as i was in shared accommodation when i started as student visa.

I dont have any gaps in visas and never overstayed. All the visa's been extended or changed within UK itself. In that case only passports, visa and BRP is it enough to show please.

Looking forward for your reply please
KINDEST REGRADS
VPR