ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel vignette - 30 days starts from?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

royarjun2005
India

Travel vignette - 30 days starts from?

Post by royarjun2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Hello.

I am a tier 2 employer sponsored 3 Yr visa applicant.

One has to travel within and 30 day window - that's what the travel vignette according to me is.

I have a query here - 30 days starts from the date of stamping on the passport or the travel date mentioned in our application form?

My work start date is June 18. Date of travel in my application is June 4. I was told this cannot be prior to 14 days of my start date. Now I understand from UKVI that a decision was made on my application on May 4. Have not received my passport yet - counting days. Will the 30 day period start from May 4 or June 4?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Travel vignette - 30 days starts from?

Post by ashishkm » Thu May 17, 2018 3:04 pm

I replied on the other post as well

Based on the intended travel date, they stamp it a week prior to it and as u said it is valid for 30 days!
however if you stamped date and intended travel date are close by, then u are loosing days - yes

so if you've put june 4, possibly 28 May is what would be ur start date on 30 day vignette

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Most of the time UKVI recognised the travel date and issue the visa accordingly. They do sometimes ignore the travel date and if you have explicitly mentioned it in the form, they have to correct it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

royarjun2005
India

Post by royarjun2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Thank you guys for the clarifications.