ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation- British Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pathikvashi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Applying for naturalisation- British Spouse

Post by pathikvashi » Thu May 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi,

My wife just got her ILR and somone has informed her that she can immediately apply for naturalisation, if spouse is British citizen (which I am). Does that month 12 month on ILR that once must have before applying for naturalisation is waived?

Is this true?

PV

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for naturalisation- British Spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Does that month 12 month on ILR that once must have before applying for naturalisation is waived?
Yes and her application will be based on 3 years residence as spouse of BC which is a Section 6(2) application so she must make sure she meets the absence limit and the physically present requirement exactly 3 years ago on the date she applies as well as all the standard requirements (good character, etc).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.