ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment amidst Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KayPee

Change of Employment amidst Spouse Visa Application

Post by KayPee » Thu May 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello All,

I'm a British National (via ILR route) since about 1.5 years. My wife has applied for her Spouse Visa in the end of March 2018. I was permanently & full time employed for 7 years until 19th January 2018 whereon my position was made redundant. I have been earning well above the financial requirement. My notice period, from that job, terminated in early March 2018, before which I found another permanent & full time employment in mid February 2018. Just after a month in the new job, my wife applied for her spouse visa from India on 23rd March'18.

Since I wasn't enjoying so much in this job, I accepted an offer somewhere else, where I will be starting on 21 May & will be earning well above financial requirement.

Now my questions to the experts here is, even though there is no category change for my sponsorship since I had been in more than one job when my wife applied (under Category 3B), how should I inform UKVI of this change of circumstance, if I should at all? Secondly, have I got myself a potential rejection here by switching the job amidst application? I'm sure there are quite a few of us who go through this.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Change of Employment amidst Spouse Visa Application

Post by Londoner007 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Very silly to change job whilst waiting for a decision on visa. You are lining yourself up to get into some difficulties.

If a case worker calls your previous job (which you have mentioned on application) they may confirm that you dont work there.

You can write to UKVI and tell them of the change of jobs and provide information of it.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:22 pm
Very silly to change job whilst waiting for a decision on visa. You are lining yourself up to get into some difficulties.

If a case worker calls your previous job (which you have mentioned on application) they may confirm that you dont work there.

You can write to UKVI and tell them of the change of jobs and provide information of it.
Thanks for your reply. I understand the risk, but it was unfortunately due to an unbearable manager. :cry: However, what would happen if they gave me a week's notice during probation, that'd also amount to similar situation I suppose.

Is there any template for the cover letter where I could put information about this change to send to UKVI?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 pm

I dont fully understand what you are saying..

For second part the template is you. Just say you have changed job and here are the details of new job which you started after submitting application - provide new contract if you have.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Sun May 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 pm
I dont fully understand what you are saying..

For second part the template is you. Just say you have changed job and here are the details of new job which you started after submitting application - provide new contract if you have.
What I basically meant is that in my case it is me who left the job but it could also have been case of them terminating my employment with them which would result in me not in employment with them. At the end of the, for either cases, I won't be working with them. I, then, wondered how UKVI would assess such situations.

However, I had a verification call from the Home Office for the application. I did ask the person about it. The representative said, they only care about the employment as on the date of the application. I was also told that there's no need to send the new employment details in now. I guess, the only real need to send any such documentation would be when criteria matching status would change due to change in circumstances.