ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - mistake in online application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spynapple
Newly Registered
India

ILR online application - unsure about the category to declare convictions

Post by spynapple » Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 am

Hi

I’ve a question about my ILR application (Tier 2, 5 year route, same day premium service). Starting a separate thread as this topic is different to other questions I’ve raised before.

During the 5 year continuous period, I’ve had some instances of parking fines, contravening bus lanes etc. which I paid on time and I know I don’t have to declare these in my application as these aren’t fixed penalty charges like over speeding.

However, there was one instance which was a little more complicated.

To give you the context of my case, I got penalised for 3 counts of contravening the bus lane through a debt collection agency.
This happened because when I moved house I had updated my new address on my driving licence but not in the V5 document with DVLA. This meant that the penalty notices from the council went to my old address where I wasn't living anymore. As I had no knowledge of these notices, I didn't pay them and I got a letter from the debt collection agency to my current residence address notifying me about these penalty charges + a hefty collection fine for offences over the past 1.5 years.

I have cleared up all the dues and they assured me that I don't have to worry about any black marks in my record. But when I rang them up they told me that they had obtained warrant from the court and then sent me the letter notifying me of the penalty. Although I'm not 100% sure how correct that information is.

Is there anyway to find out if there was any court case/judgement against me?

I've drafted my ILR application online and there is a section to declare any convictions, but I'm not sure which one to choose for this case.

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
• A criminal conviction
• A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
• An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
• A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
• A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
• A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

If I select the civil court judgement option for non payment of debt it asks me 'what was the court judgement' and the 'judgement date'. And I don't know these details or if there even was a judgement against me in the court. Somehow, I feel that might not be the correct place to declare this.

Any help from your side is much appreciated.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR online application - unsure about the category to declare convictions

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:18 am

Choose this and detail this is just fine from council for contravening bus lane: A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

bhumauk
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR online application - unsure about the category to declare convictions

Post by bhumauk » Tue May 15, 2018 12:22 pm

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/ - for checking any pending judgements/summons against you
https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx - for checking if there is any record held against you in police database for convictions.

spynapple
Newly Registered
India

ILR - mistake in online application

Post by spynapple » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi

I'm applying for ILR next month and have completed my application using the online facility.
I opted for the same day service and have got my appointment next month.

I was reviewing my application today and noticed an error - mentioned 37.5 weekly working hours instead of 37. The application is locked now and I can't make any edits. I'll have to print this form and take it to the appointment.

I'm not sure what to do and how to make the correction.

Has anyone had a similar experience - could you please share how you handled it?

Thanks in advance.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - mistake in online application

Post by CMOSUK » Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 am

spynapple wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm
Hi

I'm applying for ILR next month and have completed my application using the online facility.
I opted for the same day service and have got my appointment next month.

I was reviewing my application today and noticed an error - mentioned 37.5 weekly working hours instead of 37. The application is locked now and I can't make any edits. I'll have to print this form and take it to the appointment.

I'm not sure what to do and how to make the correction.

Has anyone had a similar experience - could you please share how you handled it?

Thanks in advance.
just re-print the whole form again and fill in with the correct details.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

IJOS

Re: ILR - mistake in online application

Post by IJOS » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:33 am

SPYNAPPLE,
I made same mistake as you? did you just make a correction by the side and did you hve any issues? My appointment is tomorrow.

Tnx