ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) form - section 6.1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyahere12
Newly Registered

Set (O) form - section 6.1

Post by priyahere12 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi
I need help with section 6.1 on the set(o) form for the ILR application ( 5 yr tier 2 general route).
I switched from PSW to Tier 2 (within uk itself) in 2013 and qualify for ILR this year based on the 5 yr rule.
On the set (o) form , what date should I use in this section below as I didn't really enter uk on Tier 2 as I was already in the country when I switched from PSW to Tier 2.

Any one who has recently applied for ILR via the Tier 2 route who switched to Tier 2 from within uk - could you help clarify this ?

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based

Thanks in advance.

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Set (O) form - section 6.1

Post by Neriah » Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Asked exact same question earlier but haven't gotten a reply, hopefully someone replies soon.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am

the date you first entered the uk with valid visa. no matter what type of visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Fri May 18, 2018 8:35 am

priyahere12 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm
Hi
I need help with section 6.1 on the set(o) form for the ILR application ( 5 yr tier 2 general route).
I switched from PSW to Tier 2 (within uk itself) in 2013 and qualify for ILR this year based on the 5 yr rule.
On the set (o) form , what date should I use in this section below as I didn't really enter uk on Tier 2 as I was already in the country when I switched from PSW to Tier 2.

Any one who has recently applied for ILR via the Tier 2 route who switched to Tier 2 from within uk - could you help clarify this ?

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based

Thanks in advance.
Priya,

The date you applied/or were granted Tier 2 visa. As your ILR application is based on your Tier 2 G 5 years.

priyahere12
Newly Registered

Post by priyahere12 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks for the clarification apsk! much appreciated.

@cyclina1 - If you read the question 6.1 again it does state it has to be on the category that the application is based on. I've noticed your comments on a few other queries and you seem to be confusing people by your vague replies. If you're not sure what the answer is, please avoid commenting so it won't confuse people.

We are here to clarify not to confuse each other.