ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 MONTHS AND NO BIOMETRIC LETTER

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

osaz0062
Nigeria

3 MONTHS AND NO BIOMETRIC LETTER

Post by osaz0062 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:30 am

hello,
my mother applied for ILR for herself and me (dependent) and i am 21. we have had DLR for 6 years so far
she applied towards the end of february, but up till now she has not received any correspondence ie biometric letter or acknowledgment letter, even though they have taken payment.
from looking at similar timelines we should have received one within 6 weeks but its been more like 11 weeks so far

anyone experience a similar delay and have any advice on what we can do..
thanks

krisbol17
Wales

Re: 3 MONTHS AND NO BIOMETRIC LETTER

Post by krisbol17 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:48 am

It's a bit unusual as far as I understand it. Only way to resolve this would be maybe to write a letter to UKVI to correspondence address at the bottom of FLR(DL) application form? Sometimes they take their time. Did you apply by post? Was it SET(O) form or FLR(DL) form?

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 am

we applied by FLR(DL)
do they normally take this long..

my mother is adamant that we wait till the end of this month till we contact them.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:48 am
It's a bit unusual as far as I understand it. Only way to resolve this would be maybe to write a letter to UKVI to correspondence address at the bottom of FLR(DL) application form? Sometimes they take their time. Did you apply by post? Was it SET(O) form or FLR(DL) form?
flr dl

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Ok. To be honest no one can really tell what's happening with the Home Office, at the end of the month you guys can write a letter to enquire about the Biometric enrollment letter, it's not gonna hurt anything in my opinion...worst case is either they don't reply to your letter or they reply and say they will contact you within x amount of time. Or they might apologise and/Or send you the enrolment letter.

My case took 4 months and 30 days with FLR(DL), about 1 month for the Biometric Enrollment letter to arrive.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:00 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 pm
Ok. To be honest no one can really tell what's happening with the Home Office, at the end of the month you guys can write a letter to enquire about the Biometric enrollment letter, it's not gonna hurt anything in my opinion...worst case is either they don't reply to your letter or they reply and say they will contact you within x amount of time. Or they might apologise and/Or send you the enrolment letter.

My case took 4 months and 30 days with FLR(DL), about 1 month for the Biometric Enrollment letter to arrive.
when did you apply, my biometric has come and the trend i am currently seeing is 5-6 months to get decision