ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible to change valid from date for visit visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coorgi

Possible to change valid from date for visit visa?

Post by coorgi » Fri May 18, 2018 11:18 am

Hi there,

I got my parents visit visa approved and in the application I stated that their intended of date of travel would be mid June but the visa valid date is the date of approval, 15th may which means they have already lost a month and they can stay only for 5 months here instead of the entire 6 months.

Is it possible to have the date changed? if so could someone clarify how can I request for the same?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Possible to change valid from date for visit visa?

Post by CR001 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:20 am

Did they state clearly what their intended date of travel was?

Did they state in their application that they are staying in the UK for 6 months?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for coming back fast.

Yes, they did state explicitly that they will be leaving to the UK on June 15th and stated to return back before the end of October. Mentioned end of October leaving some room not giving the impression that will exhaust the entire duration remaining in the UK.

I called up UKVI customer care and they said its possible to change and should search for instructions in the gov.uk website with "Vinyard transfer or winyard transfer" however it is spelled but i found nothing as I could be spelling it wrong.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Fri May 18, 2018 11:38 am

also to clarify the visa validity is for 180 days and multi-entry, I believe that is the standard one but they got the visa in hand only today with 3 days already gone out of the 180 days.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Fri May 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Ha! Vignette transfer it is!

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Sat May 19, 2018 6:36 am

Please, could anyone help me? many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 19, 2018 8:46 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:49 am

coorgi wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am
Yes, they did state explicitly that they will be leaving to the UK on June 15th and stated to return back before the end of October. Mentioned end of October leaving some room not giving the impression that will exhaust the entire duration remaining in the UK.
So in their application they said they are staying until October, but they actually intend to stay until December, and they thought if they told the truth about this it would be a problem for their application? I'm afraid it is hard to see that as anything other than deception.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 am

Yes. Between 15 June until 1 Nov is only 4 months and 17 days! So, leave granted from 15 May for six months should have been okay for the requested dates.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm

If you request this change it may cause complications, at least for any future applications.

You have been granted visa as per what you originally stated your intention. I suggest having a 15 day shorter trip.

May I ask for a 6 month visit how much money need showing in your opinion. Considering accommodation is paid for already.