ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony Invitation NOT showingup.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship Ceremony Invitation NOT showingup.

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Someone please advice. My approval letter was issued on the 8.05.18 and I received it on the 14.05.18 which says I will receive my invitation letter shortly but the funniest thing is, it is 18th today and I haven't received anything and don't even know what is going on. I just wanna get everything done and leave HO alone. Tired of checking letterbox every day. Please advice. anyone with the same experience?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship Ceremony Invitation NOT showingup.

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Have you contacted your local council?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Invitation letter can take a couple of weeks!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kushalprasad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kushalprasad » Fri May 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Johnnyboy007 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:50 pm
Someone please advice. My approval letter was issued on the 8.05.18 and I received it on the 14.05.18 which says I will receive my invitation letter shortly but the funniest thing is, it is 18th today and I haven't received anything and don't even know what is going on. I just wanna get everything done and leave HO alone. Tired of checking letterbox every day. Please advice. anyone with the same experience?
It's weird, I never received any approval letter. All I received was Invitation letter which which is Two-in-one approval letter+invitation letter. I'm not sure why they never sent me approval letter or why others receive two letters.

You should check with your council, they may have something to tell you, hopefully good one.

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks to everyone for your response. I haven't contacted my local council yet but I will definitely do that on Monday. Though on the approval letter, HO said it might take 3weeks I got something else to think about not about all these immigration things. I just want it to end.

Johnnyboy007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Johnnyboy007 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Received my invitation Letter today dated 09.05.18 which says I have 21days of the date of the letter to book my ceremony so practically, I got 11 days left. Not bad I think.