ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SG_1
India

Delay in BRP

Post by SG_1 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi,

I landed in UK on May 5, with my expected BRP delivery at the post office on May 2nd. I haven't received the same till now and its been a nightmare as I cant open my bank account or even complete my house referencing. Already contacted the home office and they say that the delay is due the fact that it is now compulsory to have the NI number on BRP and they are awaiting the same from the Department of Works & Pensions.

Any thoughts on how I can sort this issue will be appreciated. Thanks

Plabber_123
India

Re: Delay in BRP

Post by Plabber_123 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm

SG_1 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 pm
Hi,

I landed in UK on May 5, with my expected BRP delivery at the post office on May 2nd. I haven't received the same till now and its been a nightmare as I cant open my bank account or even complete my house referencing. Already contacted the home office and they say that the delay is due the fact that it is now compulsory to have the NI number on BRP and they are awaiting the same from the Department of Works & Pensions.

Any thoughts on how I can sort this issue will be appreciated. Thanks
Same thing happened with me. Was supposed to receive it on may 2nd but still havent. My friends who came after me have got theirs so I think its just a problem with our day. I will keep you updated once I get any updates.

SG_1
India

Post by SG_1 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks. Do keep me posted in case you get your BRP.

SG_1
India

Post by SG_1 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Plabber_123 - Have you applied for your NI number yet and also have you complained at the home office?

QBF001
Newly Registered
India

Post by QBF001 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm

My visa approval on the 25th of April, passport delivered on the 3rd of June
Dependent 6 year old daughters visa approved on the 7th of June and passport delivered on the 10th of June. arrived in UK on the 11th of June.

First attempt to collect BRP on the 15th of June and missing BRP report filed on the 16th of June

Subsequently 3 reports filed, no email response from the Home Office except for acknowledgment of report.

My visa vignette expired on the 25th of June..still no BRP...my daughters BRP arrived on the 21st...mine has not so far....

:cry:

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 30, 2018 5:04 am

QBF001 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm
Dependent 6 year old daughters visa approved on the 7th of June and passport delivered on the 10th of June. arrived in UK on the 11th of June.

First attempt to collect BRP on the 15th of June and missing BRP report filed on the 16th of June

Subsequently 3 reports filed, no email response from the Home Office except for acknowledgment of report.

My visa vignette expired on the 25th of June..still no BRP...my daughters BRP arrived on the 21st...mine has not so far....

Sometimes they take more than 10 days to send BRPs, it happened to me last time on mt T2 ICT - where I received mine and my child's but for my wife's BRP we had to wait for 15 more days

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 am

ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:04 am
QBF001 wrote:

Sometimes they take more than 10 days to send BRPs, it happened to me last time on mt T2 ICT - where I received mine and my child's but for my wife's BRP we had to wait for 15 more days
Kindly desist from tagging your visa application delay questions onto every topic. Your question has been removed and you should a) either continue in your own topic or b) continue in the delay topic that already exists.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 30, 2018 11:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 am
ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:04 am
QBF001 wrote:

Kindly desist from tagging your visa application delay questions onto every topic. Your question has been removed and you should a) either continue in your own topic or b) continue in the delay topic that already exists.
Sorry CR001, I will post it in there.
As QBF001 went through the same VFS center, similar options - I thought of seeking his/her advice.

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:17 pm

SG_1 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm
Plabber_123 - Have you applied for your NI number yet and also have you complained at the home office?
Hey there. I called the post office just let me know that my BRP was available for collection. I had emailed the ukvi too and they said the NI problem was resolved and my BRP would be ready for collection from 4th June. Thankfully the post office already has it so now I can finally open my bank account :D

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:43 pm

QBF001 wrote:

Why did you file a missing BRP report? Do you mean the I have not recieved my BRP option? I did it twice and both times they responded to me within 3 working days with an update.

asilasil
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by asilasil » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:48 am

Plabber_123 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:17 pm
SG_1 wrote:
Hey there. I called the post office just let me know that my BRP was available for collection. I had emailed the ukvi too and they said the NI problem was resolved and my BRP would be ready for collection from 4th June. Thankfully the post office already has it so now I can finally open my bank account :D
Hi Plabber_123,
How did you manage to call the post office? I tried to do so but was approached by IVR without any option to connect to an operator. Your advice would be very helpful!

shunter
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by shunter » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 am

Plabber_123 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:17 pm
SG_1 wrote:
Hey Plabber_123! How did you manage to get the answer about your BRP status using a phone call? I tried a couple times but failed. There were no options to speak with an operator. What was the branch of your Post Office and how you figured out the number? We used number showed in Google, but it did not work. Your help would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!