ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration firm handling FLR (FP) application shut down. Next step?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Georgioche
United Kingdom

Immigration firm closed, change correspondence address to home

Post by Georgioche » Mon May 14, 2018 8:58 pm

The Immigration Firm I was using for my FLR FP application got closed by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) a month ago and I never even knew. I only got to know when I called today to find out if there was any update on my application and my call was picked by a representative of the court designated Intervention Agent.

While the Immigration Firm was handling my case, all correspondence from the Home Office was passed through them. Is there any way I can contact the Home Office and change the correspondence address to my home address and possibly explain that the firm handling my case has been closed down?

Georgioche
United Kingdom

Immigration firm handling FLR (FP) application shut down. Next step?

Post by Georgioche » Fri May 18, 2018 9:54 am

The Immigration Firm I was using for my FLR FP application got closed by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) a month ago and I never even knew. I only got to know when I called today to find out if there was any update on my application and my call was picked by a representative of the court designated Intervention Agent.

While the Immigration Firm was handling my case, all correspondence from the Home Office was passed through them. Is there any way I can contact the Home Office and change the correspondence address to my home address and possibly explain that the firm handling my case has been closed down?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Immigration firm handling FLR (FP) application shut down. Next step?

Post by Londoner007 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Email UKVI and tell them to update the return of documents address to your new address. Ask them to pass on the message to the decision making centre so that they are aware of the change of address.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Georgioche
United Kingdom

Post by Georgioche » Fri May 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:59 pm
Email UKVI and tell them to update the return of documents address to your new address. Ask them to pass on the message to the decision making centre so that they are aware of the change of address.
Thanks Londoner007. Is there any chance you might have the relevant UKVI email address? There are numerous contact emails that are posted in this forum, but not sure which is the right one.

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dillonuw » Fri May 18, 2018 7:10 pm

You can find the contact info here:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk