ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnyglasgow
Newly Registered
India

Referees for Citizenship

Post by sunnyglasgow » Thu May 17, 2018 4:50 am

Hello everyone.
This is my first question in this board; I have completed my 1 year on ILR and now preparing my application for citizenship. Have couple of questions

1. In relation to getting 2 referee can I use my accountant I use for my company as I am self employed . HE is not going to represent me in this application

2. I am applying with my wife and son born abroad ( 4 years old ) – in regards to getting 2 referee I got 2 referee for myself, British citizen my friend and professional body my accountant
Can we use the same for my wife as well or does she need to get 2 referees for herself?

3. I came to UK 02/07 But went back to India 07/10 to apply for tier 1 and came back to UK March 2011 – so in regards to providing employment details for last 10 years am I ok to provide employment since then or do I have to prove since 02/07 ?

Will appreciate all the response
Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Referees for Citizenship

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 am

sunnyglasgow wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:50 am
Hello everyone.
This is my first question in this board; I have completed my 1 year on ILR and now preparing my application for citizenship. Have couple of questions

1. In relation to getting 2 referee can I use my accountant I use for my company as I am self employed . HE is not going to represent me in this applicationyes

2. I am applying with my wife and son born abroad ( 4 years old ) – in regards to getting 2 referee I got 2 referee for myself, British citizen my friend and professional body my accountant
Can we use the same for my wife as well or does she need to get 2 referees for herself?yes atleast one of them should be british

3. I came to UK 02/07 But went back to India 07/10 to apply for tier 1 and came back to UK March 2011 – so in regards to providing employment details for last 10 years am I ok to provide employment since then or do I have to prove since 02/07 ? as long as you cover 10 years of professional history it's ok, they are only interested in last 5 years mostly and the fact that you haven't breached immigration rules, if nothing to hide provide from 02/07 it's better to provide maximum information first time rather than being asked and delaying the processing

Will appreciate all the response
Thanks
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

kushalprasad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kushalprasad » Fri May 18, 2018 6:37 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 am
1. In relation to getting 2 referee can I use my accountant I use for my company as I am self employed . HE is not going to represent me in this application.
You are lucky that your accountant agreed to be your referee. He must be desi?
Mine refused. This sucker has been my personal and company's accountant for 7 years. He said he doesn't know me personally.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm

kushalprasad wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:37 pm
dontringthebell wrote:
1. In relation to getting 2 referee can I use my accountant I use for my company as I am self employed . HE is not going to represent me in this application.
Mine refused. This sucker has been my personal and company's accountant for 7 years. He said he doesn't know me personally.
I thought the whole idea of the referee is that they confirm your identity and that the photo you're submitting with the application is yours. I wonder why he refused?

kushalprasad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kushalprasad » Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 am

hamalt66 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm
kushalprasad wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:37 pm
dontringthebell wrote:
I thought the whole idea of the referee is that they confirm your identity and that the photo you're submitting with the application is yours. I wonder why he refused?
No it's not just verifying the photo. They are referee for good character, should know you personally for at least 3 years, etc etc... just one of many inflicted torture on immigrants from HO. They do their best to make sure that we immigrants don't get it easily.

Remember the ILR, that was suppose to be the end of all troubles for getting any more renewals, but they changed it so you had to get BRP if you wanted to get job. I had to pay over £1000 to get BRP (personal service @ Liverpool). I just chopped this £1000 worth of shit and posted it back to them.

The problem with referee stuff is that they write the penalty & jail which is enough to piss off anyone who even has slight of doubt.

Good thing is that there are few people who do it regularly for others so they know what is required and are not so picky.

I really had so much trouble in finding referees. The shame is that if someone refuses then it pisses you off so much. "I don't know you personally" is the most dreaded word when you beg people to be your referee. I had a friend with whom I used to work back home. We have lived in same room for few years back home. We know each other very well. We know each other for past 20 years, I Asked him to be referee, he didn't agree.

Humanity is doomed my friend, world has gone mad. We are on our own.

sunnyglasgow
Newly Registered
India

Post by sunnyglasgow » Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm

Thank you everyone for your reply appreciate it