ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 New Entrant Prioritisation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tayloragreen
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 2 New Entrant Prioritisation

Post by tayloragreen » Fri May 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi,

I am a recent Tier 4 Visa graduate, just returned home to the states. When applying for the RCOS for Tier 2, do “new entrant” salaries receive priority in allocation? I know there is a backlog for the point system, but I read on one of the forums that new entrants and graduates may receive RCOS’s earlier due to the lower salary.

Can anyone comment or confirm?
Thank you

Alfonsooo
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Re: Tier 2 New Entrant Prioritisation

Post by Alfonsooo » Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi there, I'm in a similar position with you, and am also confused about premises for New Entrant Prioritisation. Could you tell me did you make the Tier 2 application before or after your Tier 4 expired? I think if it's before then you can make direct transition (Tier4 -->Tier 2) without the need for RCOS.

tayloragreen
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tayloragreen » Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi,

I unfortunately had to return home because my Tier 4 expired. If you’re switching from within the UK to Tier 2, the process is practically seamless. However, the Tier 2 application is much more difficult, especially in the last 6 months.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 pm

tayloragreen wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:19 pm
Hi,

I am a recent Tier 4 Visa graduate, just returned home to the states. When applying for the RCOS for Tier 2, do “new entrant” salaries receive priority in allocation? I know there is a backlog for the point system, but I read on one of the forums that new entrants and graduates may receive RCOS’s earlier due to the lower salary.

Can anyone comment or confirm?
Thank you
If you’re out of the UK now and your tier 4 visa has expired there’s no priority in RCoS allocation. The only difference for “new enterants” in this situation is that the salary threshold you need to meet in order to apply for a tier 2 visa is lower than what is required for an experienced worker...but no, unfortunately no priority for new entrants.