ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration letter: 5 years back from day of application not in the uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jackrussel19
Newly Registered
Italy

Reconsideration letter: 5 years back from day of application not in the uk

Post by jackrussel19 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:59 am

Hello
I m sorry if this question has been
already asked.
After 2 months from sending my application for naturalisation I ve received a letter saying that 5 years back from the date of application i was not in the Uk. I was only away from the uk for one day on a work trip and cannot believe the unlucky circumstances
However they said if i sign and resent declaration 7 they will continue reconsidering my application.
When I have filled the form i left point 7.7 blank ( special circumstance to be reconsidered for approval) .
Have I done the right thing? should i have ticked it?
Why are they asking me to
resign exact the same document I have originally signed and sent 2 months ago? is this to have a different date on the application? or that 7.7 section was actually the reason why i had to resign? Totally confused, pls help!
Also what date do they considered , the online submission or the date you submit your documents with the NCS?
thsnks guys in advance for your help

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Reconsideration letter: 5 years back from day of application not in the uk

Post by dontringthebell » Sat May 19, 2018 1:20 am

They are considering your case under special circumstances. Don't complicate things on your mind all will be well.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

jackrussel19
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by jackrussel19 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:25 am

Hello
thanks for your reply.
Do you think i should have ticked the box 7.7 of the declaration where "althought I dont meet all the statutory requirements...i believe in view of the following circumstances...."
I left it unticked as I did the first time and I m not wondering if I did wrong

thank you

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sat May 19, 2018 11:33 am

IF you don't mind could you share exact language on the HO letter to you. you may mask all the important personal details as name, case number etc.

I do feel you need to sign and send back the declaration page citing the reason, however, the language on the letter might reveal more.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

rely1458
United Kingdom

Post by rely1458 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:35 am

You guessed it right. I mentioned it on another post a few weeks back. You have been sent another declaration to sign and date, effectively making your application start 5 years back from the new sign date. There is no special circumstances here. Don't worry.

This exact thing happened to a person I know. They sent the application two weeks early and instead of rejecting it, the Home Office simply waited two weeks, sent back another declaration page to sign and date, and then proceeded with the application once that was returned.