ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hi need advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wpp
Newly Registered

hi need advice

Post by wpp » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:52 pm

HI all,
I was wondering if there is a way to bring my parents here in UK. Im settled in UK as is my brothers. My parents are in Pakistan.My dad is retired and gets pension. They are not over 65. what are my options to bring them here.

1. My mum's parents are british nationals and they are in UK. Can my mum get Nationality on that basis? how
2. My dad's parents are also british nationals but they both passed away few years ago.
3.Any advice will be beneficial
thanks

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:46 am

It depends. How did they obtain British citizenship? Did they obtain it before your parents were born? What status do you and your brother have?

wpp
Newly Registered

hi

Post by wpp » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:06 pm

both my grandparents got nationality after my parents were born.
me and my brother have british nationality , we were not born ere, got married. one of my brother is here on fiance visa

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Where were your parents born?

What was the citizenship of each of their parents at the time?