ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for Children born abroad without PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angie77

Citizenship for Children born abroad without PR

Post by Angie77 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:28 am

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? Or at least tell me if I am heading to the right direction. I have read MN1 guidance 100 times but it is still no clear what support documents I should send.
Scenario: 2 children age 12 and 17 who have been living in the UK for 3 years with their European passport. Both parents have been British citizens since last year.
My 17 years old daughter plans on registering interest in joining armed forces but still not sure if she will join.

I know I need to prove that their future lay in the UK so planning on sending following documents.
# a letter from school confirming that they are studying there.
# All papers that school send me for the past few years.
#Their European IDs.
# My marriage certificate with translation
#My husband's and my British passport
# council tax letter for the 3 years
#Cover letter ( I have no idea what to write about! Can anyone kindly provide me with a sample???)

Solicitor wanted to charge £4000 to help me with forms but I will save this money in case is refused so I can challenge them in court. Therefore any help from experienced members is appreciated!