ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

changing address with the police

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

curious123
Newly Registered

changing address with the police

Post by curious123 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Hello,
Has anyone ever been late in changing address with the police? Do you get into big trouble for that? Wasn't actually my fault as I have only just received my rental agreement due to various talk to-ups by the estate agents.
Thanks in advance

Nowty

Post by Nowty » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:17 pm

You are suppossed to report the changes within 7 days but I have not heard of anyone on this forum who has been refused because of tardy reporting. When my girlfriend has reported changes, the local police never even know how to deal with the reporting. When she changed her job, she had to wait 5 weeks until she got a new contract before she could register the change. And she still got her student visa extension. I think as long as you do report all relavent changes within a reasonable time period and have a good reason why you have been late on occasion, I would not worry too much.