ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - evidence for countries lived outside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spynapple
Newly Registered
India

ILR - evidence for countries lived outside the UK

Post by spynapple » Mon May 21, 2018 10:13 am

Hi

In the ILR application there is a section that asks about “have you lived in any country outside the UK, including your home country”.

In my case, I was born in UAE, moved to India when I was 1.5 years old, moved back to UAE before high school, then moved to India again for my undergraduate degree – and then moved to the UK.

The application asks for specific dates for entry/exit for each of these events. I have provided the dates in the application – however, as these happened a very long time ago, I am only able to provide these information based on the best of my knowledge and without any supporting evidence.

Has any of you had this experience and are you able to share if this is acceptable?
Do I need to write a coverletter to explain this?

Mine is a same day decision premium service appointment and I submitted the application online. The list of documents to submit along with the application does not mention anything about providing any evidence for this – but since I’ve moved back and forth between two countries I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - evidence for countries lived outside the UK

Post by CMOSUK » Mon May 21, 2018 10:44 am

spynapple wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:13 am
Hi

In the ILR application there is a section that asks about “have you lived in any country outside the UK, including your home country”.

In my case, I was born in UAE, moved to India when I was 1.5 years old, moved back to UAE before high school, then moved to India again for my undergraduate degree – and then moved to the UK.

The application asks for specific dates for entry/exit for each of these events. I have provided the dates in the application – however, as these happened a very long time ago, I am only able to provide these information based on the best of my knowledge and without any supporting evidence.

Has any of you had this experience and are you able to share if this is acceptable?
Do I need to write a coverletter to explain this?

Mine is a same day decision premium service appointment and I submitted the application online. The list of documents to submit along with the application does not mention anything about providing any evidence for this – but since I’ve moved back and forth between two countries I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Maybe it would be best to provide a covering letter in explanation to this.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.