ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can dependant get IRL if he comes a year after me

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

readingfiend
Newly Registered
United States of America

How can dependant get IRL if he comes a year after me

Post by readingfiend » Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Hello. I am hopeful that I will get a tier 2 general visa. I plan on going to the UK to work. My husband will follow me a year later (has a training program to finish first). The visa will be good for 5 years, I then apply for IRL and extend the visa and then apply for citizenship. But what about my husband? He will have been in the UK for 4 years when I apply to extension and IRL. I suppose his visa will also be extended with the extension and he can then apply for IRL and then citizenship so I think it will be OK, but just want confirmation on that the timing as it stands right now will work out. Thanks in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: How can dependant get IRL if he comes a year after me

Post by cyclina1 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:29 am

By current immigration rule, no problems as once you get ILR he can extend his visa as tier 2 dependent until he fulfill 5 qualifying years for ILR. So nothing to worry about now, just do what you have planned. No one konws if the rule changes 5 years after anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

readingfiend
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: How can dependant get IRL if he comes a year after me

Post by readingfiend » Mon May 21, 2018 11:49 am

Thank you Cyclina! Very helpful. :P