ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date and place of first arrival

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muraenidae

Date and place of first arrival

Post by muraenidae » Mon May 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Hello!

The naturalisation form asks for "Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom". In the guide, there is the following explanation:

2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term
basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered.

I lived in the UK for a year in 2008-2009, then was away for two years (except for some short stays), then returned in 2011 and have been here ever since. Do I enter my arrival date in 2008, or the arrival date in 2011?

(Also, I was here on holiday before 2008, but I take it that this doesn't count.)

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Date and place of first arrival

Post by dontringthebell » Mon May 21, 2018 1:51 pm

I was here between June 2007-April 2010 and then from September 2010 onwards.

I used Sep 2010 date as the date of the first arrival since that is the date I used for my settlement. I did write a cover letter why I chose the date from September 2010 and also gave details for my previous stay here. Didn't have any issues.

Hope it helps.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Interesting, thanks. I plan to use the online form though, where there's limited opportunity to include additional information. :?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Mon May 21, 2018 3:21 pm

You need to print the application at the end, hence, you can always add a couple of pages as additional information.

Ultimately it's your application, it's better to provide as much clear and concise application in the first attempt than to be asked and face delays. HO anyway have access to landing card information etc, all they do is tally with what they have and what you provide, as long as you have a straightforward application no harm in declaring everything.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Mon May 21, 2018 3:23 pm

You don't print the application in the end. Only submit the documents and a checklist.

(I went through this process a couple of weeks ago with my husband's application, that's how I know.)

I guess I could include a letter with the documents.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Mon May 21, 2018 3:25 pm

I meant the same however, I agree I should have worded it better.