ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel to home country after getting T1 visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lanchong98
Newly Registered

travel to home country after getting T1 visa

Post by lanchong98 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:04 am

Hi all,

My history is:
  • I was on T2 general
  • My employer's sponsor licence revoked last November
  • I was preparing T1E application afterwards while waiting for the curtailment letter
  • I received my T2 curtailment letter this April(5 months waiting) right after the submission of my T1E initial application
  • Now waiting for TIE.
Because of above situation, I have not visited my family back home for a long time plus the time on T2 general.

I plan to visit my parents for 2 weeks once the T1E visa is issued and head back to UK to start my business.

So the question is: would this be a trouble when re-entering the UK? as I may not have my business started by that time. I know there is a 6 month period to establish the company, but I think once I officially start the business, I may not have time to visit them again for some time. So I am not sure if I should put going back as the first thing or not right after getting the visa.

Thanks in advance

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: travel to home country after getting T1 visa

Post by marcnath » Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 am

No reason that should be a problem
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

lanchong98
Newly Registered

Post by lanchong98 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:36 pm

thank you, i just want to make no mistake : )

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 24, 2018 12:57 am

lanchong98 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:04 am
Hi all,

My history is:
  • I was on T2 general
  • My employer's sponsor licence revoked last November
  • I was preparing T1E application afterwards while waiting for the curtailment letter
  • I received my T2 curtailment letter this April(5 months waiting) right after the submission of my T1E initial application
  • Now waiting for TIE.
Because of above situation, I have not visited my family back home for a long time plus the time on T2 general.

I plan to visit my parents for 2 weeks once the T1E visa is issued and head back to UK to start my business.

So the question is: would this be a trouble when re-entering the UK? as I may not have my business started by that time. I know there is a 6 month period to establish the company, but I think once I officially start the business, I may not have time to visit them again for some time. So I am not sure if I should put going back as the first thing or not right after getting the visa.

Thanks in advance
I registered my company 4.5 months after I got my initial tier 1 visa and I travelled twice back home during that as I had to tranfer funds. I did not have any problems at extension. However, the second time I was stopped by the immigration officer at heathrow and she detained me at the airport for 45 min. By that time I did not start my business properly as I was in the process of transferring funds and opening a business bank account etc.
I had documents proving I was back home to transfer my funds to UK. I had the documented proof with me (overseas bank statements showing transfer).

These days some immigration officers are a pain and they want to scare you off at the airport. I clearly remember she asked me how many employees do you have. I said none. At that time i was in the start of my tier1 visa. I told her according to the immigration rules I have to employ two people for at least 1 year during my 3 years stay to qualify for extension and I will employ when my business is capable. She was a bit rude and told me not to tell her about rules. I was confident as I had documented proof I went to transfer funds in my account and she asked for evidence.

My advice is there is no harm in travelling, but just to be on the safe side show some connection to the business before you leave. For example registering the company (it takes no time), opening a business bank account or transferring funds or some kind of document that proves you are genuinely going to start a business. As long you have some proof it should be fine as you can justify your links to business (for worst case scenerio if the immigartion officer asks)

They are after the people who have tier1 visa and unfortuntely misuse this route.

I dont want to scare you but just an advice as I had a similar experience. Goodluck!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 am

I agree, there are unfortunately some ECOs who are either ignorant or arrogant.
A month before my ILR application, I was returning from a holiday. The officer asked me how many employees I had and I said one. She went off on a rant stating that I should have two employees all the time and she had the right to cancel my visa, etc, etc. I initially started to explain but then just kept quiet and let her vent.
Almost sounds like the same ECO :)
But that was one of the many trips I had and the only one where I had any such experience.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 am
I agree, there are unfortunately some ECOs who are either ignorant or arrogant.
A month before my ILR application, I was returning from a holiday. The officer asked me how many employees I had and I said one. She went off on a rant stating that I should have two employees all the time and she had the right to cancel my visa, etc, etc. I initially started to explain but then just kept quiet and let her vent.
Almost sounds like the same ECO :)
But that was one of the many trips I had and the only one where I had any such experience.
Very true. Similarly I travel back home 4 times a year but I was only detained once in 2014. After that I never had any problems.

I think they are more arrogant towards the very start or the very end of your visa where they do more checks.

Just following this reason I did not travel 3 months before my tier 1 extension was due. (I know I could but my personal choice to avoid the immigration officer’s questions as I knew it happens)

It will be good if the original poster can learn from our experiences.
:)
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lanchong98
Newly Registered

Post by lanchong98 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:27 pm

Thank you very much Tier 11417 and Marcnath
I may sign some corp contracts with companies back home during the visit.

I think it can be a good proof.

Thanks again : )