ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp extension (1+3 )due soon - pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SCORPHSMP
Newly Registered

Post by SCORPHSMP » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:28 am

Hello All

I arrived in UK under HSMP in June 2004, when I was granted a Visa for 1 year. I extended my Visa for another 3 years and currently my Visa expires on 08/06/08 when I must have completed 4 years in UK. I have few queries related to my extension:

(1) I am unsure if i still have to qualify 95 points for extension or since HSMP Forum has won the case in court, will I get extension anyways?

(2) What is the fees for extension? Is it 350 or 750 pounds?

(3) If extension granted, how long will that be for, e.g: 1 year, 2 years, etc?

(4) Permenant Residenship or ILR (Indefinate leave to remain) was extended from 4 years to 5 years, but as per Visa issued to me which was prior to changes that took place in November 2006, I could apply for PR after 4 years. Is this true that I can apply for PR after 4 years or do I have to get my Visa extended for atleast 1 year and then apply for PR?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Sanket Naik

llNicell

Post by llNicell » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:18 am

I was given extension for 3 years after 1+ 3. You have 5 weeks to submit your extension application so wait and get updates on JR implementation by HO and AIT case outcome on 1st May.
There are two different fees for Tier 1:
 £350 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); and
 £750 for all other applicants.
Any dependant applications sent with your form are free of charge
If successful for 4 to 5 ext, we can apply ILR after 4 years but just wait and get regular updates from HSMP forum.

SCORPHSMP
Newly Registered

Post by SCORPHSMP » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm

thanks for your quick reply ... so am I correct in saying the fees is £350. Do i have to send my old letters from Home office with my currect application .

Also could you pls advise if I need to send my MBA certificate for which I ma claimimg 35 points for as In the guidance notes it states that if this was supplied with the original applocation I should not send it . Also if i do need to send it do i need to get it verified with NARIC . My degree is from University of Mumbai .

Also the BIA website have no updates yet about HSMP forum winning the case ??

I am planning to apply on my own ? do you think its a good idea or should i go through a solicitor ?? do you know of any ??? pls help

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:27 pm

It can take months for the HO to sort out their response to the loss of the case, so I'd prepare for renewing under the current program just in case.

The fee for you would be 750 pounds, since you've already used your HSMP approval letter for a visa. The 350 pounds only applies if you have recently been given HSMP approval and you have not yet received your EC. If you've already used your HSMP approval letter, than the fee is 750.

They will grant you a 3 year extension under Tier 1. The first Tier 1 application is for 3 years, regardless of whether or not you only need a year. Once you get another year in the UK, you can apply for ILR. Alternatively, if the HO has updated their guidance based upon the court case, you might be able to apply for ILR sooner, or even before June 1st. I would keep watching for updates, but I'd plan for renewing under Tier 1, just in case they don't get the info out quick enough.

Good luck.

SCORPHSMP
Newly Registered

Post by SCORPHSMP » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:02 pm

thanks for your help
could you pls suggest a good solicitor who is aware of the new changes .. somebody who has been tried and tested . I am based in Hounslow . someone local would be good , if not then in london .