ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on International Graduate Sscheme (IGS)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohrabkhan
Newly Registered

Help on International Graduate Sscheme (IGS)

Post by sohrabkhan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:15 pm

I came to the UK for studying MSc in 2004 but after completing my 1st semester I deffered my MSc and went on studying other courses like diploma, certifications until 2006. I resumed my MSc in 2006 and completed it in 2008. Can some 1 plz tell me if im eligible for IGS?

Is there a condition for IGS that restricts the start of MSc? My uni will give me a letter which says that I started my MSc in 2004 and completed in 2008. will that make them refuse me IGS?

thx

murphy uk
Newly Registered

Post by murphy uk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:56 pm

you can apply for igs, if u have got master degree from university and igs will be soon 2 yrs.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:07 am

I know someone who is studying PhD for 8 yrs and now he is waiting for viva exam. If at the viva the external examiners is not happy with the PHD and wishes to award him M Phil (which sometimes external examiners do decide if they think the thesis is not up to the mark) would that affect him when applies for IGS?

Please advice.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Thu May 01, 2008 12:56 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:I know someone who is studying PhD for 8 yrs and now he is waiting for viva exam. If at the viva the external examiners is not happy with the PHD and wishes to award him M Phil (which sometimes external examiners do decide if they think the thesis is not up to the mark) would that affect him when applies for IGS?

Please advice.
I don't see this being a problem. As long the degree awarded is at a post-graduate level he will be eligible for IGS.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Help on International Graduate Sscheme (IGS)

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 08, 2008 3:06 pm

sohrabkhan wrote:Can some 1 plz tell me if im eligible for IGS?
If you meet the other conditions, yes.
Is there a condition for IGS that restricts the start of MSc?
No. It is about when you finished your course (after 1 May 2007), not when you started.
My uni will give me a letter which says that I started my MSc in 2004 and completed in 2008. will that make them refuse me IGS?
Yes, if it doesn't say that you successfully completed it. you need to have finished the course and got your result.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 08, 2008 3:07 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:I know someone who is studying PhD for 8 yrs and now he is waiting for viva exam. If at the viva the external examiners is not happy with the PHD and wishes to award him M Phil (which sometimes external examiners do decide if they think the thesis is not up to the mark) would that affect him when applies for IGS?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.