ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saniii
Pakistan

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Saniii » Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am

Hopeful25 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 am
feri_2017 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:44 am
Hi all

Got this reply from them two days ago

"Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your email concerning your ON LINE Travel Document application.
We aim to complete all standard applications within 70 working days, we work on applications based upon the chronological order they were received. We are currently working on applications received on the 30 January 2018, we received your ON LINE application on the 17 April 2018 and the required supporting documents were received on the 24 April 2018, which will be attached to the ON LINE application. Your application will be passed to a caseworker in due course, who will consider the application and will inform you of the “Outcome” of the consideration by letter.
Yours sincerely,"
Hi Feri,
Thank you for sending this update! I don’t know if they lie or what because 7 days ago they told me they were up to 10th January now telling you they are up to the 30th january! I applied on 29th January so mine should be here by now and it’s not. I hope yours comes quickly it’s a horrible waiting game
Hi I totally agree with you because only 5 days ago they told me that are dealing with the applications being sent to them on or before 11th of January. Now unless nobody applied between 11th of January till the 30th, they can’t jump that high.fingers crossed they actually are dealing with the applications sent to them on the 30th and you actually get your TD soon.

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Saniii wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am
Hopeful25 wrote:
feri_2017 wrote:
Hi all

"Good Afternoon,
We aim to complete all standard applications within 70 working days, we work on applications based upon the chronological order they were received. We are currently working on applications received on the 30 January 2018, we received your ON LINE application on the 17 April 2018 and the required supporting documents were received on the 24 April 2018, which will be attached to the ON LINE application. Your application will be passed to a caseworker in due course, who will consider the application and will inform you of the “Outcome” of the consideration by letter.
Yours sincerely,"
Hi Feri,
Thank you for sending this update! I don’t know if they lie or what because 7 days ago they told me they were up to 10th January now telling you they are up to the 30th january! I applied on 29th January so mine should be here by now and it’s not. I hope yours comes quickly it’s a horrible waiting game
Hi I totally agree with you because only 5 days ago they told me that are dealing with the applications being sent to them on or before 11th of January. Now unless nobody applied between 11th of January till the 30th, they can’t jump that high.fingers crossed they actually are dealing with the applications sent to them on the 30th and you actually get your TD soon.
Hi sanii,
Unless they deal with online applications & postal applications in different departments. Maybe online they are up to 30th jan and postal applications 11th jan. I have no idea. We all just have to play the waiting game

Saniii
Pakistan

Post by Saniii » Fri May 18, 2018 7:08 pm

I don’t understand the difference between the postal and online applications because somehow the online application also gets posted after getting attested by someone. I don’t know what application was mine cuz my lawyer filled it up online then took the prints out stamped my photos and posted them off in front of myself.

adncs38
United Kingdom

Post by adncs38 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:00 pm
Saniii wrote:
Hopeful25 wrote:
feri_2017 wrote:
Hi all

"Good Afternoon,
Yours sincerely,"
Hi Feri,
Hi sanii,
Unless they deal with online applications & postal applications in different departments. Maybe online they are up to 30th jan and postal applications 11th jan. I have no idea. We all just have to play the waiting game
in recent weeks i think waiting time is about 4 months plus a week .... I applied on 6.03.18 and If they are dealing with applications received on 30.1.18 then I should expect mine in about next 6 weeks...

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 pm

adncs38 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 pm
Hopeful25 wrote:
Saniii wrote:
Hopeful25 wrote:

Hi Feri,
Hi sanii,
in recent weeks i think waiting time is about 4 months plus a week .... I applied on 6.03.18 and If they are dealing with applications received on 30.1.18 then I should expect mine in about next 6 weeks...
I’m not sure how long it’s taking at the moment to be honest because I applied before the 30th January and still nothing ..

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Saniii wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:08 pm
I don’t understand the difference between the postal and online applications because somehow the online application also gets posted after getting attested by someone. I don’t know what application was mine cuz my lawyer filled it up online then took the prints out stamped my photos and posted them off in front of myself.
I don’t understand the difference either I just seen on this forum some people say they applied online. My fiancé filled out the form for me and then we posted it special delivery. Do Travel docs get posted by Royal Mail or DX courier ?

adncs38
United Kingdom

Post by adncs38 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:18 am

Hopeful25 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 pm
adncs38 wrote:
Hopeful25 wrote:
Saniii wrote:

Hi sanii,
I’m not sure how long it’s taking at the moment to be honest because I applied before the 30th January and still nothing ..
I think u are gonna get it before 30th of may .... what they say is they are dealing with application received on or before 30th so i guess they are processed on weekly batches instead of daily .... so ideally u should get get it in next few days

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:02 am

adncs38 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:18 am
Hopeful25 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 pm
adncs38 wrote:
Hopeful25 wrote:

Hi sanii,
I think u are gonna get it before 30th of may .... what they say is they are dealing with application received on or before 30th so i guess they are processed on weekly batches instead of daily .... so ideally u should get get it in next few days
Thank you for being so positive for me

Arez01
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Arez01 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi Everybody,

Just a quick update for those who applied on January 2018.
I Applied on January 24th 2018
Recieved approval letter today. (May 21th 2018)
The travel documnet will be posted whitin 7-10 working days.
Wish u all best of luck.

Fathiasfour
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Fathiasfour » Tue May 22, 2018 12:22 am

Arez01 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm
Hi Everybody,

Wish u all best of luck.
Hi Arez01,
Congratulations for getting approval letter :)

Just quick question, when you saying the date of applying (24/01/18) you mean the date you received acknowledgment letter or the date that you sent your application via postal /online?!

I sent my application on the 19/01/18 and I got my acknowledgement letter on 21/02/18 and still no reply 🙄

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Arez01
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Arez01 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 am

Fathiasfour wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:22 am
Arez01 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Wish u all best of luck.
Hi Arez01,

Just quick question, when you saying the date of applying (24/01/18) you mean the date you received acknowledgment letter or the date that you sent your application via postal /online?!

I sent my application on the 19/01/18 and I got my acknowledgement letter on 21/02/18 and still no reply 🙄

Hi Fathiasfour,

January 24th was the date that my lawer sent off the application to the homeoffice.
Aknowledgment letter recieved on late February .
U will recieve your very soon then. Dont be worry 🙂

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:18 am

Arez01 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 am
Fathiasfour wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:22 am
Arez01 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Wish u all best of luck.
Hi Arez01,

Hi Fathiasfour,

January 24th was the date that my lawer sent off the application to the homeoffice.
Aknowledgment letter recieved on late February .
U will recieve your very soon then. Dont be worry 🙂
Hi all I have emailed the home office to ask where is my travel document as I applied on the 29th January and still it’s not here. They have advised me they are up to the 16th January and I should wait

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 pm

Saniii wrote:
Hopeful25 wrote:
feri_2017 wrote:
Hi all

"Good Afternoon,
Yours sincerely,"
Hi Feri,
I have emailed the home office again today they have now said they are up to the 16th January

Saniii
Pakistan

Post by Saniii » Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Hey, I got you. I don’t understand why Homeoffice is giving different people different times. This doesn’t seem right to me. I myself haven’t received the acknowledment letter as yet and it has been 2 months today. Fingers crossed you will get your TD by the end of this week 🤞🏻

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:40 am

Saniii wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 pm
Hey, I got you. I don’t understand why Homeoffice is giving different people different times. This doesn’t seem right to me. I myself haven’t received the acknowledment letter as yet and it has been 2 months today. Fingers crossed you will get your TD by the end of this week 🤞🏻
I don’t understand why either, we have a right to this document and they still treat us like we have no rights it’s so frustrating. 2 months does seem like a long time to receive an acknowledgement letter. Have you tried to email them ?

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Has anyone who applied for Travel document in February heard anything yet ?

binip88
Sri Lanka

Post by binip88 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi,
I applied first week of February - took about 6 weeks to recieve acknowledgement letter and finally biometrics requested few weeks ago.
I am desperate to recieve this document.
My friend applied on January 8th and recieved his TD yesterday.
I hate the waiting game.
Bini

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:22 am

binip88 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:15 pm
Hi,
I applied first week of February - took about 6 weeks to recieve acknowledgement letter and finally biometrics requested few weeks ago.
I am desperate to recieve this document.
My friend applied on January 8th and recieved his TD yesterday.
I hate the waiting game.
Bini
Hi Bini,
Did you not already have your biometrics before you applied for your TD ?
He applied on 08th January and only received yesterday ?? Why was this! People on here Apple 24th January and have there Travel documents already. It’s messed up. I hate the waiting game too but we are all in this together mate

binip88
Sri Lanka

Post by binip88 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:24 am

Hi Hopeful,
Mine is a replacement for a lost travel document- possibly why they needed biometrics again.
I really don't understand the timings either.
Everybody seems to have a different waiting time.
All we can do is wait. :cry:

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:10 pm

binip88 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:24 am
Hi Hopeful,
Mine is a replacement for a lost travel document- possibly why they needed biometrics again.
I really don't understand the timings either.
Everybody seems to have a different waiting time.
All we can do is wait. :cry:
I’m tired of waiting now ! It’s been 86 working days it’s like a joke. Let me know if you hear anything from them

Hilman
Newly Registered

Post by Hilman » Sat May 26, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi All,

I just received my CTD and this my time frame

Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document) (renewal)
Method of application: Online
Date of application & Fees: 15.01.2018
Date Documents sent: 16.02.2018
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06.02.2018
Date of return of supporting documents: 21.05.2018
Date of receipt of travel document: 26.05.2018
good luck everyone!

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Hilman wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:44 pm
Hi All,

I just received my CTD and this my time frame

Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document) (renewal)
Method of application: Online
Date of application & Fees: 15.01.2018
Date Documents sent: 16.02.2018
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06.02.2018
Date of return of supporting documents: 21.05.2018
Date of receipt of travel document: 26.05.2018
good luck everyone!
Hi Hilman,
Thank you for sharing your time frame. I applied 29th January so mine shouldn’t be too much longer I hope. It’s the bank holiday which will slow things down. Congrats mate !

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:51 am

Today I am on week 17 of waiting for this document! Let us know if anyone receives this week.

Saniii
Pakistan

Post by Saniii » Tue May 29, 2018 9:27 am

Just received my acknowledgement letter after almost 9 weeks dated 17th of May but only received today. What’s bothering me is that it says on letter that your application is now in a queue and a decision will be made within 70 working days!!! Don’t know what they mean by that? I hope they do not count my days after they have sent me an acknowledgement letter from!.

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:33 am

Saniii wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:27 am
Just received my acknowledgement letter after almost 9 weeks dated 17th of May but only received today. What’s bothering me is that it says on letter that your application is now in a queue and a decision will be made within 70 working days!!! Don’t know what they mean by that? I hope they do not count my days after they have sent me an acknowledgement letter from!.
Hi saniii,
They count the 70 working days from when they received your application. But it does take longer than 70 working days at the moment I’m on 84 working days and still not received it. Everyone here recently have been waiting around 86 days - 89 days. When did you do your application ?